Want to try Apfelwine / mead @ NYC or

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
Before I commit to investing 6+ months to make it I want to try it. Since there are no commercial examples I could try I have to approach my fellow home brewers. Send me some of yours and I'll pay for shipping and offer some sort of trade as well. I know I cant purchase it since you cant sell it :) Damn US laws!

I never tried apfelwine and did try mead on 2 occasions I've had mead on tap once and had Midas Touch as well (closest other encounter with honey based drink).

Anyone want to help out a brother in need?

You can buy commercial meads, they just aren't as good as home-made ;)

I'll have a cider sweetened with raspberry syrup with me in 2.5 weeks at the Blind Tiger for my bi-weekly 2-beer payday Friday lunch. Come try it then...

I was @ Gingerman's last week with my father. I was taking him to Rangers game and took him there to try some good beers. He tried mead when he was young (40 or so years ago) and I wanted to buy him some mead but they didnt have any on draft. They had 2 bottles for purchase but I didnt want to drop $30+ per bottle.

I know home made meads should be better. I want to try stuff with fruits.

How is Blind Tiger for lunch? I was only there a few times for drinks after work.

I was @ Gingerman's last week with my father. I was taking him to Rangers game and took him there to try some good beers. He tried mead when he was young (40 or so years ago) and I wanted to buy him some mead but they didnt have any on draft. They had 2 bottles for purchase but I didnt want to drop $30+ per bottle.

I know home made meads should be better. I want to try stuff with fruits.

How is Blind Tiger for lunch? I was only there a few times for drinks after work.

They have a really great chef who maintains a pretty decent menu, both in variety and in classiness.

That said, I always order the classic grilled cheese and focus my attention on the draft list. Lunchtime on a Friday is the best time there, because it isn't crowded! Any time after 2pm and you might night find a seat.

Back