wake up Brett b Trois!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthCitra

Reaction score
Made a two part starter for the brett a few days before brewday last sunday. Made an IPA and pitched the starter which smelt amazing! next morning airlock was going strong at 65degrees. I noticed on thursday that airlock has completely stopped and im wondering if i should turn the heat up a bit to get them going again.
I know the airlock isnt a way to tell if fermentation is complete or not but after only 4 days, i was planning on at least two weeks. Ive never worked with brett, but i made sure the cell count was up to par and was careful of the temp.

i think you already know the answer- check the gravity. maybe it fermented quickly; i have had ferments with this strain largely done within a few days, but obviously it depends on OG, cell count, temp. i ferment 22-24c.

much like a normal beer, while its done fermenting, there's still clean up, floc, etc going on, 2 weeks certainly won't hurt it. i've also had trois done this quick, but like was mentioned gravity is only way to know

Back