VT Thanksgiving Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbohanon

Reaction score
Just got back to NC from the Thanksgiving VT trip. Picked up a case of HT, some Switchback Marzen, a 6-er of Lawsons Super Session #2 and got to finally hit the Hills FS brewery.
Have to say, was not too impressed with the Lawsons SS#2 but the Hills brewery was something that if you get up to VT, you should NOT miss out on.
IMHO, their beer is the best in the country..I have to work on my batches to get some of that crisp/clean smoothness that all of their beers have.

Some pics of the trip and again, if you get a chance to get to VT, if finding HT is too much to handle, hit the Hills FS brewery without a doubt. Super nice folks, great beer(and much more readily available than HT is) and Shaun Hill even came out to greet those who arrived early.

Day 2 with my case of HT, Lawsons SS#2 and 2 bombers of Switchback Marzen:
DAE22832-9D6B-44A3-96A6-4733C4112EA0_zpsjzt7dtxw.jpg~original

Day 4 @Hill Farmstead in line for Weds opening(bottle side):
5A4F24DF-9CC7-4A7D-8F54-4A9321CF89BD_zpspvr7qf5r.jpg~original

Pic of the HFS brewery and they should be proud..the location is absolutely beautiful:
DE13AF3B-EAE5-4009-ADB8-636231F0CC12_zpsgb4finvf.jpg~original

Growler shop waiting on some growler fills:
EA41B2E6-F9A5-460B-B0F0-C253F0B45CC0_zpsyodjhh3n.jpg~original

Pics of the brewery floor:
668954DD-F04D-496D-9501-FB9761C3B623_zpsoiuemrgn.jpg~original

Another brewery floor pic with some beer in oak casks:
BD310264-2DA9-4CBD-A3A5-9AF08ECD6D07_zpsulzxaxt0.jpg~original

Enjoying a glass of "What is enlightment" while waiting on my number to be called inthe growler shop:
0CD7559D-BC00-436F-A217-BB9C75538B76_zpsz2ke2ont.jpg~original

Pics of what was on sale at the bottle shop (I bought 3 bottles of Dorothy, 3 of "Twilight of the idols" Winter Ale, and 3 bottles of Arthur. Also picked up a box(6) of the Hills branded tulip glasses, the growler of Abner, a bomber of Double Galaxy and 2 bombers of Mary(their pilsner). All of the brews were WELL worth the purchases:
FC43AD9E-1BDF-4073-A82E-BD8D58AC700B_zpsjam8sqex.jpg~original

Enjoying a glass of Abner from my growler today:
5A6B21F2-C31E-4282-A923-FBA532F38FC3_zpsfede5iue.jpg~original

Was a blast to refill the VT beer stash and planning another trip in the summer to see the family(and get more beer) again.
:mug::rockin::fro:

HF is certainly my favorite brewery. People complain about hype, but in this day and age of amazing beers available to everyone, we all get spoiled and expect to be blown away. You just gotta appreciate the subtleties of his beer to really understand how great it is.

Lawaon's Super session 2 is ok, but too bad you didn't pick up any Sip of sunshine. Great brew. His bottled stuff straight from his little brew shack is amazing. He's been concentrating on SoS and super sesion down in Connecticut for a while, but has finally got around to doing other stuff lately. Looked like a great trip!

It was a great trip and SoS was nowhere to be found and I ran out of time in VT before I could hunt any down.

Next time I will hunt some down for sure..After having HFS's beer, I am not sure I will attempt to hunt down any HTopper next trip as HFS's beer to my taste buds is just better beer all the way around. My opinion though.
:rockin:

Latest posts

Back