• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

VT: in Waterbury looking for HT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoplander

Reaction score
So I got to the brewery an hour too late yesterday. Only here for one more day and can't find cans anywhere. Anyone in the area want to part with some of their fresh HT so I can bring some of this deliciousness home?

Sorry that you missed it. The brewery is always a nasty place to try and get actual cans due to the tourism and such. You will have much more luck locating a local store in the area that The Alchemist distributes to.

Recently, I believe, they have started doing staggered distribution around the VT area meaning that just because one place is out on Friday doesn't mean everyone one is empty.

The Beverage Warehouse in Winooski, VT (maybe 25 minutes) from the brewery does staggered releases of HT. I was visiting my parents a couple weekends ago after the VT Brewfest (AWESOME!!!!!!!!!) and stopped by BW on my way out of town on Sunday. I was able to pick up 2 4-packs and a couple bombers of Lawson's (Chinooker'd and Session IPA).

It took a little waiting around but they do a good job of letting you know when you can get your hands on it. They are also a lot more receptive than the brewery staff. I love The Alchemist and all that they do but the times I have called them about acquiring HT, they have been blunt and rather harsh about how I will most likely go home empty handed. I am sure it is just because they are constantly having to deflect those calls.

If you check out their webpage they give a list of local stores that carry it. Won't help you now as you have left, but next time you are in the area you can plot out like 4-5 beer stores to hit and at least one should be able to help you out. Still is a hard one to find though... even for a VT native haha.

In the Burlington area Wednesdays is delivery day and are usually out before days end. They have distributing it to more stores. Even gas stations are carrying them now. Sorry about your troubles, hopefully next time you have better luck. What brewfest session did you go to?

I was at the Saturday Evening one. GREAT TIME. It was my 3rd or 4th time going... all the beer, I tend to forget. My name is also Nick and I am also from VT (Essex to be exact)

I was under the impression that they had started staggering distribution and limiting customers so that it is more available. I was allotted 2 4-packs from Bev Warehouse on a Sunday. It would have only been one 4-pack but SWMBO went through the line as a separate party so we scored 2 Lawson's bombers and 2 4-packs. WIN!

That's crazy I live in Essex lol. I also went to the Saturday evening one. The bevy is doing this new thing where they split up their shipments. Half when it arrives and half at 530 for people just getting out of work.

Back