Vote for me to represent you on the AHA Governing Committee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mors

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Fellow HBT Members,

My name is Daniel Fick and the AHA Governing Committee elections are coming up soon and I decided to run. I'm very passionate about the hobby and I figure I should funnel that energy and excitement into an activity that can help improve the state of homebrewing for everyone. I'm looking specifically to help out with how the AHA handles the extreme growth they have experienced in recent years as the hobby has grown. This includes issues we've all experienced with the AHA National Homebrew Competition and Conference. I've got a few ideas that I will be putting down to paper over the next few weeks, but I'm always interested in the ideas of others. If you have any thoughts on topics concerning the AHA please feel free to respond on this thread or via PM to me. I would love to hear them.

Lastly, if you're not a current AHA member or your membership is near expiring you may want join/renew before 1/1/2014. On that date the AHA Membership fees are increasing $5.

If you are an AHA member between 2/20/2014 and 3/31-2014 I ask for you to please give me your vote. Thanks.

Getting closer and closer. National Homebrew Competition registration opened today. It runs until the 2nd. After that the lottery goes into effect.... Just and FYI and a shameless bump ;-)

The American Homebrewers Association Governing Committee voting is now open. There are 8 slots open so every AHA member gets to vote for 1-8 candidates. Please vote for me. As a side benefit to voting you get an extra entry into the Lallemand Scholarship, if you wish.

http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd

Getting closer and closer. National Homebrew Competition registration opened today. It runs until the 2nd. After that the lottery goes into effect.... Just and FYI and a shameless bump ;-)

The 2nd of ??

The NHC registration ran until the 2nd of February. It's over now. This was for the competition. The conference registration has not begun yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Well I am a U of M alumni ;-)

But to be honest college sports don't interest me. I pretty much stick to just pro sports.

Just a shameless bump and a reminder to vote. Also a reminder that the NHC conference registration period beings on the 19th.

T minus 25 mins until registration opens for the NHC. I hope to meet you all in Grand Rapids :D

Me too! One of my favorite things about the NHC is the chance to meet up with so many other homebrewers. I have no idea how many people I've actually met from the forum anymore, but I used to try to keep track.

In the first NHC I went to in 2008, there were 800 people there for probrewer's night. I made an effort to met every single one of them, and think I managed to do that.

In the last NHC, there were 3800(?)ish, and there was no way to say "hi" to everyone in the building although I sure gave it a try! :D

I'm going to register for my first NHC since 1993. I think there were less than 400 attendees. I'm in for a culture shock.

You are! Even from the first one I went to in 2008, where there were about 3 women (no lines for the restroom, the first for me ever at an event!) and 797 guys- it was pretty small and I bumped into the same people over and over and it was like a little club.

Last year, it was crowded, loud, and there were some seminars that were closed once they got full. It was totally different.

It's still a wonderful experience, but it is quite different since there are so many people now into homebrewing and attending the conference. We don't have as much time to chit chat with the brewers, as they are busy pouring beers, but the seminars look to be better than ever.

Yeah last year it was over packed I thought. Seattle it was smaller and you could still move around... also a lot less.... echo. Hoping that dispute Grand Rapids being bigger we have more room. We'll see I guess.

So my girlfriend appearently made up this little shirt at Cafepress or some such site... She's going to be my billboard and embarrass me on our upcoming road trip to Minneapolis this weekend... Seems as good a time to remind everyone voting continues until the 31st! Link to vote in my signature.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQz-EdZ7hw"][YOUTUBE]8nQz-EdZ7hw[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

Back