Visiting Surly Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
So I'm going to Minneapolis for work next week and looking to visit Surly Brewing. Anyone have any good tips I should know about? All is much appreciated!!

Were you able to snag brewery tour tickets? I know they go online on a Friday for two weeks out, and are gone in seconds. They are on Saturday, so that'd be awesome if you could.

Otherwise, the (new) taproom is open W-S, starting at 3PM. They are closed this Friday, and I think Saturday too, due to "Surly Fest". If you're still going to be in town on Saturday, try to get tickets to Surly Fest. That would be a great time.

I love their T-shirts, and have worn mine out so I need to get a new one from their store the next time I'm over that way!

LOVE Surly beers!

Edit- just heard that they don't do the "go online and hope" brewery tour tickets anymore- that it's "first come, first served" on the tour date and that they take the first 30 people.

Thanks Yooper!

I'll just be visiting for one night.. Next Thursday. I can't wait! Definitely filling my suitcase up.

FYI they are open till 9pm so make sure you get there early enough to enjoy it. Also they don't do growlers.

Where are you staying (city/suburb/neighborhood)? Lots of great beer places. Scattered about the cities...Northeast especially (Dangerous M
an/indeed/612Brew/Northgate)...

Where are you staying (city/suburb/neighborhood)? Lots of great beer places. Scattered about the cities...Northeast especially (Dangerous M
an/indeed/612Brew/Northgate)...

I'm actually working down in La Crosse, and will be only in the Twin Cities for one night. Flying out Friday morning. I thought I would hit up Surly and see what all this hype is about! So pumped! If I have some extra time, I'll check out the places you guys mentioned.

If you're near downtown check out Fulton Brewery and try their Sweet Child of Vine. They are right next to Target Field.

Back