Visiting Pomona, California for work and looking for breweries to visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateLTB

Reaction score
I'll be down in Pomona, California in about a month for some work training. I definitely plan on hitting up the Bruery while I'm down there but I'm looking for other good breweries and bottle shops to visit while I'm down that way. I'll only have a couple of free days so the closer to Pomona the better.

If your going to hit the Bruery (which is a good idea) there are several other breweries in the immediate area. All of these are within 10 minutes or less of The Bruery and well worth checking out:

Valiant Brewing
Bottle Logic
Noble Ale Works
Bootlegger's Brewery

There is also a decent bottle shop as you are turning into the Bruery parking lot called "Mr. K's Liquor"

Oh, if you're flying into John Wayne (SNA), there is a new brewery called Barley Forge (Costa Mesa) just down the road. I haven't visited them yet, but had a couple bottles and they are excellent.

Never been but Sanctum Brewing is right there in Pomona. Seems to be getting pretty decent reviews.
I&I is not far from there either. Like others said, if you're hitting the Bruery, there's a bunch of other good stuff nearby like Noble, etc. Have fun.

El Segundo Brewery makes a great IPA called Two 5 Left. And golden Road Brewery while your in LA!
Look up Two Five Left on beer advocate for reviews. It's a 10.

Definitely The Bruery and Golden Road.

Changed my comment, The Bruery is actually not that far from Pomona. Driving to Golden Road might be rough during commute times.

Cal Poly Pomona is a university in Pomona and they just opened a brewery on campus called Innovation Brew Works. Hamilton Family Brewery is a little East of Pomona, but they make some pretty good stuff.

I'm assuming you might have open dinner slots, so hopefully the below helps.

Check out Taps Fish House & Brewery in Brea if you want food. Good food and they've done very well at GABF over the years.

If you're a foodie, *try* to get a reservation at Playground. I warn you, it's not easy. If you want a reservation, start looking now. Stellar beer list there too.

Also for food, check out Slater's 50/50 for burgers and beer. Good tap list and burgers to die for.

If you find your way up towards the Glendora area, check out Lone Hill Liquor. If you end up south near Costa Mesa, check out Hi Time Wine Cellars. Both are some of the best-known beer stores in LA and OC.

Oh, two more. In Claremont you'll find The Back Abbey and Eureka Burger. Back Abbey is cool for burgers and pomme frites, and finding Belgian beers. I had Cuvee des Trolls while there, not something you spot on most tap lists! Eureka is similar to Slater's in that it's a burger joint with decent tap selection.

The reason I recommend those is that it puts you only a few miles from Glendora, if you wanted to hit Lone Hill Liquor before or afterward.

Back