Vinnie Cilurzo's "10 Factors of making hoppy beers"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h0psnobery

Reaction score
I've been looking into ways that I can improve my hop utilization and keep coming across links to this article at http://www.brew-monkey.com/articles/Better_Hoppy_Beers.pdf. The only problem is that the entire brew monkey site seems to be dead. I've checked several times over the last few months, so it's not just the site being under construction. Does anyone know of any other site that hosts this list, or even have a copy saved on their pc?

Whoever edited/proof read that list should be fired.

Besides that, very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

"Crystal malt and American Hops do not mix"

Really??? I don't mind the combination.

Me either! How about a nice hoppy American Amber? Good examples of the style everywhere.

Someone might want to tell Stone that English yeast strains don't work well for IPAs and DIPAs.

Yeah Stone, Three Floyds, Deschutes, Bells, a little known brewery called The Alchemist and others might want to read this. As Denny Con says... Take your own experience as the gospel.

I wonder how outdated this article is? There's no mention of late kettle hops. It looks like it was typed up on a Tandy computer using Print Shop Pro.

No, I noticed that the guy needed to be fired. I didn't notice 'it' the guy needed to be fired.

I think something was lost in translation over the interwebz. I was attempting to poke fun at the fact that the author used 'to' improperly for 'too' in several instances within the document! ;)

Back