vinegary taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fekoljabut

Reaction score
1st cider that i ever made went through fermentation process, then i backsweeten it, bottled and pasturized. Tried 1 bottle and it was really sour. Now, it passed almost 2 months, and it's developing nice apple flavor but it's still little sour...though not as much as 2 months ago. Will it lose the sour/vinegary taste with age? I admit, when i was making it, i used whatever i had at home...so probably it had influence on cider ( the lack of proper equipment I mean...).

Actually,I don't mind the taste now...it has a nice apple flavor with little cinnamon aftertaste, and that sour taste is not so strong now. Especially if you pour half of glass with cider and the other half carbonated water (we normally drink white wine like that here...calling that ghemisht :) ).

If its tart like a sour candy, that's ok. It'll mellow with time. If it's actually vinegary, it means that you got/getting air into it and the alcohol is turning to vinegar. That's bad. If that's the case, it'll most likely only get worse.

Back