Vietnamese Egg Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We drink the vietnamese iced coffee often. Same as linked minus the egg.

Another staple in our house is Malaysian Kopi. Comprised of Nescafe instant and condensed milk to taste. Often referred to as White coffee.

Yeah, I have had the egg [yolk] coffee when in Vietnam; it was quite tasty! It was a little creamy, rich, lightly sweetened, and I'd have another :)

IMG_20180105_160908.jpg

We made it at the cafe I owned in Danang (though it's a Hanoi specialty). It's good, but not something I'd want to drink every day.

Coconut coffee, on the other hand...

Are all coconut coffees iced? I forget, but I got an iced one (right of the two). I forget what my wife got...just a plain old iced coffee, I think.
View attachment 615140

The way we made it was by blending ice, coconut flesh, coconut water, and condensed milk to make a sorbet, then pouring a double espresso shot over top (we used 100% high-end Vietnamese arabica).

I think a lot of the cheaper cafes just use ice, condensed milk, and coconut flavoring.

Latest posts

Back