Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently using a LG G930 wireless headset, but the battery on it is junk. It needs to be constantly plugged in via USB. I get about 3 minutes of battery life now, and I've only been using it about 3 months. It was purchased online while I was in Nunavut, and I can't find it in my purchase history of Ebay or Amazon, so I'm not sure where I got it.

So I'm currently looking for recommendations on a new headset. Musts:

Wireless.
I want to be able to hear where somebody is relative to my position. If you're running circles around me, I want to be able to know where you are. Not sure what that's called.
Mutable microphone.
Comfortable on the ears. Must be able to be comfortably worn all day and/or night.
Battery life should last several hours.

If you've got a good experience with a gaming headset, I'd like to hear it!

I prefer wired myself, but if you're set on wireless, I'd get these:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1211_1215&item_id=088242

Also available on amazon.ca with free prime 2day shipping (and slightly cheaper) http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00N803C7W/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_gaming_h2100_wireless_headset_review,1.html

Was using a build I saw on Youtube. I switched to this build (only minor tweaks in skills and gems, really), and was able to do Grift 53 with 2 minutes to spare.

Currently trying to reforge my legendaries to Ancients, and gambling for set ancients from Kadala, hoping this'll improve what I've got.

EDIT: Friend and I using the same build did a Grift 58 together with 3 seconds to spare. It was a close thing.

How the hell am I meant to solo an 80?

Can you link your profile? I'll see if I can offer any suggestions. My main non-seasonal character is a DH who is pretty well geared (though slightly outdated)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you link your profile? I'll see if I can offer any suggestions. My main non-seasonal character is a DH who is pretty well geared (though slightly outdated)

Thanks for the links on the headsets. I'll shop and compare those with the rest.

As for the profile link, here you go.

Testing out gif maker on an old video from Advanced Warfare, looking forward to making a couple out of the new Black Ops 3 clips I have.

R61pBK.gif

My ball bitches... I love uplink. Too bad its nearly impossible to find a lobby in BO3.

^Slow it down a tad, it's a bit too fast

I loved advanced warfare... too bad it was impossible to find lobbies of ANYTHING

^Slow it down a tad, it's a bit too fast

I didn't change the speed. It did that to itself after uploaded apparently. The best thing I've found for making them so far is to just add "gif" in front of the word youtube on a video. Every other tool seems to be really finicky with formats and urls they accept.

Switched to Cindercoat in the cube. Figure more Multishot spam will mean more damage. Just need to not get hit, which is the idea anyways, right?

Hooked up my computer at home. Downloading Diablo patch. Will see if she can run with a dying fan or if it just melts.

To the best of my knowledge it's only myself, rhetorik, drunkle, and now you. It would be a small clan.

Hooked up my computer at home. Downloading Diablo patch. Will see if she can run with a dying fan or if it just melts.

Also, find your BattleNet tag and post it here. Or pm me the email address you use with blizzard and we'll get a few games going!

My tag is Pariias#1451 but I haven't been on PC in years. Had to start fresh pretty much so still have few levels before max.

So Diablo was a tad choppy on PC, I jumped in and started playing while it was still completing the patches so it would window out now and then and ask me something stupid. I wasn't concerned though since I didn't make hardcore this time, only started it up so could funk around with you guys some night if interested. It was interesting playing on PC again after being on PS4 for so long, there are noticeable differences. I realize I definitely appreciate the PS4 controller now. It's done so well, it just flows way easier than key/mouse. PC on the other hand, seems to have a few additional updates like increased monster density and a few little bonus areas related to bounties that didn't make it to console.. unless it is just the seasonal aspect, since we didn't get that. Clicking on bodies/tiles/traps to activate is really strange as well as holding a key to stop and attack. Not big things, just interesting to notice the differences now.

Started a barbarian since nobody else here was really talking about that class and it's the only class in all these years I haven't put time into other than leveling. Once everything was updated and before the puppy started trying to eat me, I played for 2 hours and only made it to level 55. Wasn't rushing, just kinda enjoying the updated game on PC for first time in a long time. Next time I'm on, I'll get some paragon levels and work into Torment.

If you have some lvl 70 friends (like you do here) you can get a lvl 70 inside of 45 minutes. All it takes is 3 rifts at torment 6, scaled to the 70s level.

After that it's just a matter of using those friends to find gear. Or starting in Hard and getting it yourself.

Having played the ps3 and pc version, I find I prefer the pc. I like the level of customized control you can have. Once I get out of bed I'll see if I can find the stutterstep video for you

Once I get out of bed I'll see if I can find the stutterstep video for you

I know how to do all that stuff. Everyone here keeps trying to teach me things, I know what I'm doing :cool: I'd actually prefer to not be powerleveled. Starting the game fresh was the biggest reason to switch back to PC. Getting to play with you guys at some point is just added bonus.

Looking forward to trying a Raekor barbarian. Really love furious charge. Anyone playing a LON build?

What type of fan? Case, CPU, or GPU? Cuz if it's either of the first two you can buy a replacement for very cheap.

My tag is Pariias#1451 but I haven't been on PC in years. Had to start fresh pretty much so still have few levels before max.

I'll add you tonight when I'm home. I'm Dribbles#1490

What type of fan? Case, CPU, or GPU? Cuz if it's either of the first two you can buy a replacement for very cheap.

Yeah I don't know. It's the big CoolerMaster fan in the middle of the case. There's a fan on each side of it, one of them makes a nasty sound.. assuming bearings are going or some ****. If it was a normal fan, I would've replaced it years ago.

2qvgl02.png

Yeah I don't know. It's the big CoolerMaster fan in the middle of the case. There's a fan on each side of it, one of them makes a nasty sound.. assuming bearings are going or some ****. If it was a normal fan, I would've replaced it years ago.

2qvgl02.png

That's the CPU cooler. It's kind of important. If it's not working, replace it. Luckily, they're cheap, plentiful, and easy to swap out. What CPU/chipset do you have? (i3, i5, i7, whatever-the-hell AMD makes, LGA1150, LGA1155, etc)

(i3, i5, i7, whatever-the-hell AMD makes, LGA1150, LGA1155, etc)

Don't even know what language you're speaking to be honest. Not a computer guy. On top of that, the copy of Windows I had popped up saying the license expired? Wha? So now whenever I do anything, it windows out every 10-15 minutes and says I might have a pirated version.

Guess I should just take it to Best Buy and throw money at the Geek Squad to fix it and be done. It was a nice computer before **** started going wrong. It's only 2-3 years old.

Don't even know what language you're speaking to be honest. Not a computer guy. On top of that, the copy of Windows I had popped up saying the license expired? Wha? So now whenever I do anything, it windows out every 10-15 minutes and says I might have a pirated version.

Guess I should just take it to Best Buy and throw money at the Geek Squad to fix it and be done. It was a nice computer before **** started going wrong. It's only 2-3 years old.

Try the forums at Linustechtips.com first. No need to pay others when it's something you can fix yourself. I'm not the most techy person; I know how to build and overclock a PC but I'm not great at fixing **** that goes wrong haha

Bleh. Just made an appointment with Geek Squad to have them get everything running right again. I don't want to melt another motherboard, just need it done right this time. Got a Windows 10 upgrade for $10. As of tonight, if all goes well, the computer will be in top shape again and I can finally have some fun.

You'll probably spend more at Geek Squad than the computer is worth, lol.

Computer cost $2000. If they don't fix it, it'll just continue to be a nice end table. Site says their service is $30-$40, fan looks like it's $20-$30. If that's what it takes to get it running well, so be it. I offered friend and brother $50 to come do it and they didn't even want to.

Yeah that's not bad, mustve lowered their pricing some. I remember people years ago talking about a couple hundred bucks just for a diag.

Yeah that's not bad, mustve lowered their pricing some. I remember people years ago talking about a couple hundred bucks just for a diag.

Well, if it is anything like that they can go funk themselves. Site said that much for install. $150 for them to come out to your place and do it though.

Ok, so I took the PC to Geek Squad. $90 got me the install fee, the new CPU fan, a new mouse and new speakers. I'm getting Windows 10 upgrade for $10 so the computer will be running fine for $100. I'll take it. Got home and the thing won't make it to the desktop.

Windows Error Recovery: Windows Failed to Start - Recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

Tried the repair tool. Unable to repair.
Tried to reboot from a previous version. Unable to reboot since there were no changes.
Turned it on and off a couple times just in case. No luck.
Bummed out. This is how my experience with computers has been as long as I can remember.

Did you try starting it and making sure it was all running properly prior to paying/leaving the store?

Diablo-related note, finally got some more ancient set pieces (through rerolling legendary stats) and have now cleared GRift 70

Did you try starting it and making sure it was all running properly prior to paying/leaving the store?

Once they got it installed and had disk-check running, I went to walk the store to pick a few things up. I'm not worried about it, I paid for them to fix the fan and it was running before I took it to them. It's on them now, it's just frustrating because this **** is never easy.

Diablo related reply: Aside from extracting legendary powers, I haven't messed with any other Kadala stuff. I mean.. I rerolled a few set items, I think. Didn't play with the rest of it yet. GRift 70. Nice man.

Once they got it installed and had disk-check running, I went to walk the store to pick a few things up. I'm not worried about it, I paid for them to fix the fan and it was running before I took it to them. It's on them now, it's just frustrating because this **** is never easy.

Diablo related reply: Aside from extracting legendary powers, I haven't messed with any other Kadala stuff. I mean.. I rerolled a few set items, I think. Didn't play with the rest of it yet. GRift 70. Nice man.

Well obviously call 'em up and get them to fix that ****.

Yup, did GRift 70 twice last night and finishing with around 1min left each time. They were GARBAGE rifts too, with poor density/grouping, crap mobs, and infrequent rares. If I can get some of the more open maps (where it isn't just corridors) I can probably get 71/72 with my current gear.

I'm going to have to try a LoN build eventually. Still running thorns.

images

I'm going to have to try a LoN build eventually. Still running thorns.

I just don't see how anything can really beat thorns. I got instantly bored with the crusader once I completed the invokers set and it was even optimal. Was much too easy. Powerful set for sure. Enjoying the potential of the barbarian. Looking forward to playing on PC once get it working.

Oooh haha, **** just got real. Called GS back and said computer worked, took it in, they plugged in a new fan, now computer doesn't work. What can we do? They said they'll credit the $40 fee from last night towards tech support subscription so it will only be $250. For what? To look at my ****ing computer and tell me what needs to be done? It worked before I took it to them. They said nothing they can do, I signed the paper that said it worked fine when I took it. Mother ****er.

Time to wreck ****. This won't end nicely for them.

Them having you sign a paper that says it "works" when you take it wasn't with you testing it out yourself. The document isn't worth the paper its printed on. It's something they think will make you pay for their mistakes. They obviously didn't test it thoroughly enough when they were "done".

Oooh haha, **** just got real. Called GS back and said computer worked, took it in, they plugged in a new fan, now computer doesn't work. What can we do? They said they'll credit the $40 fee from last night towards tech support subscription so it will only be $250. For what? To look at my ****ing computer and tell me what needs to be done? It worked before I took it to them. They said nothing they can do, I signed the paper that said it worked fine when I took it. Mother ****er.

Time to wreck ****. This won't end nicely for them.

Them having you sign a paper that says it "works" when you take it wasn't with you testing it out yourself. The document isn't worth the paper its printed on. It's something they think will make you pay for their mistakes. They obviously didn't test it thoroughly enough when they were "done".

Man. Sorry. Previous post was sloppy as hell out of anger. Thanks for the insight. Once they were done wildly ripping at wires in my poor computer and got the fan installed, I went to walk the store so I didn't see what they did after that. I trusted they knew what they were doing, despite them looking like monkeys trying to open a box of cereal. I had a word with tech support, an email to customer service... and a friendly post on twitter. We'll see who cares more about $250 :cool:

New add-ons to Fallout coming in March. Hope you bought the season pass. Article I read says they are increasing the price from the original $29.99 to $49.99. But if you've already got the SP (or purchase it before march) they will honor it with all future content as promised.

A huge map addition is coming that takes place in Maine. The ability to collect robot parts and build your own robot companions. And the ability to trap beasts for cage fights or taming.

I didn't buy the season's pass... I almost never buy DLC, for that matter. Might for Fallout 4; we'll see. Do you have a link to the article?

No help from Geek Squad. Had issue escalated throughout customer service and they even got both the Best Buy and Geek Squad managers on the phone. It came down to a technicality that since my computer will in fact boot up, despite the fact it won't go any further than an error screen.. that they are not at fault. They were generous enough to offer me their $250 tech support membership for $60 though. **** you. I'll find someone competent.

Back