Victory and Southern Tier to merge under one parent company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the "wow" exactly?

Two breweries apparently got pwned by an umbrella company, but will remain "independent" breweries.

Seems like a non-story, really...

Cheers!

When I first read the articles I saw they were under the ABV umbrella, I thought," Well there are are another 2 craft brewers I like sucked up by AnBev :(" Fortunately after rereading ABV = Artisanal Brewing Ventures. Gotta have my Pumking and Creme Brule!

Just wow and in an interesting move. I's one of my local breweries that I watched go from a tiny microbrewery to one of the biggest in the country. Gotta be happy for those guys

If it means I get more Victory beers out here in Wisconsin I see nothing bad that could happen because of this. I can never have enough Old Horizontal.

I've always thought that a network of smaller breweries would be more interesting to have than one big one. In my dream (please note, I realize this will never happen to me), I'd open one brewery, get it nice and established, then open smaller ones in different markets. Different names and cultures to adapt to the area (and each subsequent brewery would also be somewhat independent from the mothership). They went about it a different way, but it makes sense for smaller breweries to band together, maybe even merge, so that they can use each others resources to grow.

Latest posts

Back