Very Pleased ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Androshen

Reaction score
My swmbo and I tried our first attempt at Joam last night and were **VERY** pleased .... :mug:
Only problem is that she now is declaring that this is the only mead that we will be making from this point on .... :(
I hope some of the prior batches will help dissuade her when they mature .... ;)

Any idea why she doesn't want to make more?

Congrats on the successful mead attempt.

She does want to make more .... but only joam ... nothing else. She says she sees no point as she likes how it turned out .....

Hopefully the previous batches will mature well and change her mind ...

Previously made:
regular mead
black cherry/concord grape wine
rhubarb wine
blueberry mead
and
chocolate mead

Luckily with JOAM you can keep some going quickly and have something to drink while the rest of the pipeline is aging.

Make her happy by brewing another big batch of JOAM while you work on your side project meads. :)

I wonder if its the lower ABV she prefers. mead can be some wicked stuff at the higher abv's.

Since this turned out so well ... is there any similar recipes that I can try substituting a different fruit for the oranges?

I love Joe's Quick Grape Mead (well, slightly modified):

2 lbs honey
64 oz. Welch's 100% grape juice
0.5 tsp nutrient
0.5 tsp energizer
EC-1118

This one foams pretty good, so give it some headroom (you can top off with water once active fermentation is done)

After a couple months, rack onto 1 crushed campden tablet and 1/2 tsp. potassium sorbate, and backsweeten with 6 oz. honey and 5 oz grape juice.

Drinakble at a young age, but when it's been in the bottles ~6 months, it's really amazing.

Back