Very large bayou style basket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a very large stainless basket/colander that would be as close as possible to the following dimensions:

Diam 21 inches x height 29.3 inches

Is anyone aware of a maker of such things?

Thanks

No particular reason, just curious.
I may stick to bags, we'll see.

Just curious, why you need the basket vs a FB?

Some BIAB brewers have stopped using a basket in favor of bag only or bag and FB.

Im personally going this route because when I have a large grain bill, and raise the grain bag it tends to expand out and cause a mess. So if I run a bag, inside a basket I get the best of both worlds.

Im personally going this route because when I have a large grain bill, and raise the grain bag it tends to expand out and cause a mess. So if I run a bag, inside a basket I get the best of both worlds.
I used to use a bag in a basket. The water temp outside the basket vs inside was hotter by like 10 deg or more. Its to much restriction. Not enough flow through. Cant recirculate either. It will overflow faster than the water will drain through the basket and bag.
Just raise the bag slower to let it drain and you wont have a mess

Back