[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had success in running raspberry pints and fermentrack on the same raspberry pi? If so, what is needed to make it happen?

Has anyone had success in running raspberry pints and fermentrack on the same raspberry pi? If so, what is needed to make it happen?

There’s a couple of ways it could be done - there is a page on it in the Fermentrack docs. I haven’t updated for the latest version of RPints, but I’m assuming not too much has changed.

I can’t easily link on mobile, but the page is section 2.3

hello brewers,

I am trying to set up a raspberrypints system for my home brewer system.

My initial difficulty is where I find the raspberrypi connection diagram with the flow sensors and the solenoid valve.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings, Samir Palinkas, and welcome to our little corner of HomeBrewTalk! :mug:

The original Raspberry Pints did not support solenoid valves, and to my knowledge none of the forked versions do, either.
So connectivity with respect to beer flow is quite simple: keg -> flow meter -> faucet.

For what it's worth, I recommend putting a very short part of the beer line between the keg and the flow meter and put the rest of the total beer line between the flow meter and faucet shank. I've found that to be the most reliable topology vs putting the flow meter at the shank end...

Cheers!

For those of you using flow meters: How do you connect them to the Uno/Alamode? Do you cobble up a means to connect/disconnect them easily, or do you use jumper wires and wire nuts? Have you found that a particular connector serves your needs more than any others (if you use one)?

I use 3 pin Tiny XLR latching connectors for flow meters and ds18b20 temperature probes...

beer_lines_03.jpg

Cheers!

I just finished re-lining my keezer two days ago (yes, beer and gas lines) with EVAbarrier tubing and it's nowhere near as stiff as it might appear. Way more flexible than Bev Seal Ultra 235. Check out the bend radius:

tower_mods_10.jpg

That's somewhere under 2" radius right there and it could go tighter. I used 4mm ID for the beer runs - only needed 6 feet of line per tap! - and 5mm for the gas lines inside and out. Not only my keezer but my three fridge chambers as well. Love the stuff - and love the PTC fittings (a mix of John Guest, Duotight and DMfit parts)...

Cheers!

I have been a lurker on this page for some time. I really appreciate what has been done with Rpints and want to thank everyone who has been a part of this project.

I started working on my Rpints build 4 years ago. I've had several "versions" working without flow meters. With the help of this forum I have a working version on Buster using a RP4 and a Nano. I also have the PID, Temp and Flow meters working. I would now like to experiment with the RFID and have looked through the forum but cannot find how it has been wired. Any assistance or even a link to where it has been discussed would be appreciated. I have looked over the entire forum including V1 and I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it as I'm starting to see doubleX)

Which version did you end up installing?

The original RaspberryPints never supported RFID or NFC. That's a Kegbot paradigm.
And as @Tobor_8thMan's port into the current Raspbian environment did not add any functionality, it doesn't support RFID nor NFC, either.
Otoh, I believe I have read that @RandR+ had some level of interest in supported user ID, so you might ping him about that...

Cheers!

I forgot to mention what version....

I have RandR+ version installed. I noticed that SDA is assigned at install. The install code also assigns pin 13 to the clock. After that I’m at a loss. I’m in the process of trying to work through the code. I must admit my python skills are very lacking... lol

My Python skills were non-existent till I started maintaining BrewPi. Enter “How do I iterate JSON in Python” into Google, and you see that you’ll almost never have a question that’s not been asked and answered on Stackexchange.

Searching for help is a lot like programming in that you just need to take it apart in your head to ask a good question. Once you have a good question, the answer is easier.

I just installed Raspberry Pints and the browser cuts off the right side of the "beer glass" if more than one glass is displayed in the ABV column. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

upload_2019-11-26_19-14-41.png

Which browser are you using?

Cheers! (and if you say "Safari" I shall laugh in your general direction :D)

ps: This is Chrome on a peecee. Firefox's rendering on the same system is indistinguishable...

taplist_26nov2019.jpg

off the right side of the "beer glass"
Are you trying displaying the keg Column also?

My guess you are running my version which expands the width of the main page to push the scroll bar off the page.
In styles.css, the width below is set to 101% change it to 100% and test.
.bodywrapper
{
width: 101%;
height: 99%;
overflow: auto;
}

Are you trying displaying the keg Column also?

My guess you are running my version which expands the width of the main page to push the scroll bar off the page.
In styles.css, the width below is set to 101% change it to 100% and test.
.bodywrapper
{
width: 101%;
}

I am not displaying the keg column and .bodywrapper width is already 101%. The second glass is cut off in any browser that I use: Chrome, Safari, and the browser on the Pi.

Sorry, I mean change 101 to 100 so it looks like this

.bodywrapper
{
width: 100%;
}

Tried that and it is still the same. If I add the keg column, that column is cut off. It also looks this way in the browser n the Pi in kiosk mode.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-27_14-36-37.png
    upload_2019-11-27_14-36-37.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 45
  • upload_2019-11-27_14-36-38.png
    upload_2019-11-27_14-36-38.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
It doesn't look like anything I change for .bodywrapper makes any difference. Does something need to be restarted to "see" these changes?

Hi all... new member... been following this thread for a short while. I am sure this has been asked before but I want to start building a RaspberryPints tap list but don't know where to start... I am real NOOB to all this and coding is not my thing so where do I start. I see there are so many new builds carried on my so many of the members here (Day_Trippr, RandR, Tobor) since the original Raspberrypints build has been long forgotten and no longer carried on and supported. So where do I start? What hardware I get? What Raspberrypints build do I use. I want to do this as easily as possible, as troublefree as possible and just need a basic digital taplist - not going to monitor keg volume so no flow meters. Be easy on me :) Thanks

Greetings, Dabreeze, and welcome to HBT.

I suggest going back a few pages and start reading from this post. The same question was posed therein and there's a sub-thread of follow-ups to peruse...

Cheers!

Hi,
Been awhile since I read this post, been reading alot though. I have raspberry pints up and running since April. It seems like there has been some updates/fixes since then. Is there a way to update it without losing all my beers if so how. I'm running RandR+'s from back then. I was looking for an answer to my question before posting but there is alot to go through and didn't see anything. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi all, well i had originally got the flow meters running and being detected then took a break from the project while i got my kegorator properly set up, and now i've come back to simply change which pins the flow meters are attached too.
So i edited that but get errors when i try to upload it :/ First things first i thing i did something somewhere in the ino file as when i looked up at one point my curser was else where, so to test that first can i just replace the ino file to the original?

Hi all, well i had originally got the flow meters running and being detected then took a break from the project while i got my kegorator properly set up, and now i've come back to simply change which pins the flow meters are attached too.
So i edited that but get errors when i try to upload it :/ First things first i thing i did something somewhere in the ino file as when i looked up at one point my curser was else where, so to test that first can i just replace the ino file to the original?
Yes you should be able to replace your file with original to make sure it compiles and loads.

It is a good idea to keep a backup copy of the files for just such an occasion.

Any idea where i can get it from, or do i have to reinstall the raspberry pints part?

Hmm not sure which version, but i use a raspi 2 (is that Jessie?) I have a copy of that on my hard drive but obviously didn't copy the sd after everything was working :no: Lesson learnt.

If anyone has a picture or script of what the ino file should be i can just double check it against mine, i think if i did screw it it'll only be a space somewhere or something

Last edited:
Hmm not sure which version, but i use a raspi 2 (is that Jessie?) I have a copy of that on my hard drive but obviously didn't copy the sd after everything was working :no: Lesson learnt.

If anyone has a picture or script of what the ino file should be i can just double check it against mine, i think if i did screw it it'll only be a space somewhere or something
Assuming you are running the original version of raspberry pints
follow the instruction to down the zip file for the source code then extract the .ino file.
http://raspberrypints.com/byo/step-7-rpints-installation-wflow-meters/

Back