Ventmatic Faucets- setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just acquired a couple of lightly used Ventmatic taps for my kegerator. I'm not sure I have them set up properly since I'm getting a lot of foam on lines that have poured well in the past.
Does anyone have the set up guidelines/instructions for Ventmatic?
I've searched on line w/ no success.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

fwiw, Vent-Matic kinda got pummelled here a couple/few months ago over their attempt to resurrect the faucet line. From nearly all accounts, huge fail.

Anyway, the faucet is rarely the root cause of foaming - unless the user isn't opening it fully (treat it like a binary valve - full open or full closed, no playing around in between). More often, the tubing is either over-sized or under-length, which doesn't provide enough resistance to keep CO2 in solution; or there is significant temperature rise between the bottom of the keg (where the end of the dip tube is) to the faucet; or the dispensing pressure is significantly below that required to maintain the keg carbonation level.

For the typical dispensing system pouring average (2.5 volumes of CO2) carbonated beers, 10 feet of 3/16" ID beer line would be the minimum solution. If you're using wider bore tubing or shorter lengths - or worse, both - try switching the lines out for something that will work...

Cheers!

Thx. I think the adjustment of the tap handle isn't allowing it to open fully.

Yeah, that could easily be the root cause. A partially opened faucet is great to top off a pint with head, but it's not great for filling the pint to begin with.

Easy enough to prove if you're on to something: remove the handle and operate the faucet from its stem alone...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back