Varietal Grape Juice for Pyment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintSulis

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good online source for buying small quantities (by the gallon or less would be nice) of varietal grape juice for making a pyment?

I’ve used one of the Winexpert/World Vintners 1 gal wine kits of pinot noir must in a 5 gal batch of imperial gose (10.3%)
before. The 1 gal kits should come with a 1/2 gal bag of must that’s to be diluted up to 1 gal and fermented.

When dumped the 1/2 gal bag in the 5 gal batch, it increased the gravity by about 25 or so points, if that helps. Had GREAT results.

Frankly speaking, I think what varietal you choose depends on your own taste/palate. If you prefer a certain style of white or red wine, maybe try to find that grape or something similar.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! Alexander's seems like a good fit. After rehydrating the concentrate it should make 2-2.5 gallons. Plus it's affordable, so I'll go with that. Cheers!! [emoji16]

Back