Vancouver Island homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCandyMan

Reaction score
Evening (or morning depending on which direction your headed) HBT,

Just wanted to make a shout out for any home brewers located on Vancouver Island in BC. Been brewing for a 2 years now but haven't had much luck in tracking down local home brewers or clubs. I know Victoria has a club named BrewVic but I'm in Nanaimo a couple hours north so it's a bit impractical,

I do 5 gallon all grain ales, no lagering ability yet. I grow my own hops on my balcony. The rhizomes i use were actually dug up from a local ball park where they were growing wild and making a mess of things. Most of my malt I buy bulk from the mainland and I get the majority of my hops in 1# bags from Hops Connect.

I'm hoping to get a list together of local brewers to swap ingredients with, trade brews, and maybe even split shipping costs/gas when I do trips over to Van. I spend lots of time traveling back and forth so Ferry costs are covered by my work, which helps cut the cost quite a bit.

Let new know, in the meantime, Happy Brewing!

P.S I think this is in the right section, but please move it around if anyone feels otherwise.

Hey I'm from Vancouver Island too - in Nanaimo. I'm trying to get a homebrew club up and running. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. If you're in Victoria maybe I'll see you on the BrewVic forum!

Jen

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back