Valentine wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know what to call this brew, but I think it will make some points on a valentine date.

6 liters of water
2 kg sugar
630 grams rose heads (I don't know what kind, but they was white)
1 table spoon whitewine vinegar
600 gram frozen strawberrys
90 frams elderflower heads
500 grams of honing
3/4 dl of a apple mead (to make a yeast starter from)
6 grams Vinoferm Zymex Aroma Enzym

The strawberrys and roses was covered with 1 kg sugar each, coved it with plastic for a day.
The strawberrys, sugar and roses boiled with 2 liters water and the vinegar. Boiled for a hour or so.
Washed the boiled roses and strawberry with the last 4 liters of water (I don't know the term ind English, so I hope it make sense)
The honing was melted ind a small ball in the microwave and added with the elderflower.

To days later the fermatation wasn't started (I hoped the elderflower will do the job, but it first stated when I had get some of the yeast from the bottom of the apple mead (2.5 months in to fermatation) with some water and sugar a starter was made. now a day later it's fermenting on full speed.

Personal I thing I taste pretty good, I I hope it will be a success to a date next year, know I just need to find a girl ;D

And of cause the OG is 1110

Does it sound completely away from the window or?

Intriguing combo! Your roses, were they fragrant ones, those are really good in wine? Now the vinegar, why add vinegar to wine? Keep us posted.

They smell pretty nice, not owervelming but a nice aroma, and then I tasted it, was there a nice taste of flower.

The reason to the vinegar, are in a elderflower champagne recipe I found on channel4 were they juse vinegar, and I think it's for some acid

They smell pretty nice, not owervelming but a nice aroma, and then I tasted it, was there a nice taste of flower.

The reason to the vinegar, are in a elderflower champagne recipe I found on channel4 were they juse vinegar, and I think it's for some acid

Yes, the vinegar was apparently added to drop the pH of that champagne recipe.Was your vinegar pasteurized? I know the recipe you speak of, all the bottle bombs created as a result of that recipe/advice. Scary.

Back