Vaccine Fridge Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickymix

Reaction score
Just finished my kegerator and thought I would show it off.

The fridge would hold two 5 gallon kegs without any modification needed. This made it a simple build, all I had to do was drill a hole in the top for the beer lines and the bolts. Then I attached the tower to the metal top and put it back together.

I still need to add a drip tray and some rails, it as an ongoing project.

I want to have the CO2 tank outside of the fridge and mount it on the back. There is a built in port in the back of the fridge that I want to run my CO2 line through. The problem is that it is a 3/8" port and my line is too big. My current gas line is 5/16" ID, 9/16" OD.

My idea is to find some 3/8" OD tubing and some barb couplings to connect the different size hoses. So far the only 3/8" OD tubing I can find is not food grade, does that matter for the gas line?

View attachment 1466522932083.jpg

View attachment 1466522953358.jpg

Thank you that is exactly what I'm looking for. Would I have an issue connecting that 1/4" ID tubing to my 3/8" regulator barb?

So, I'm gonna ask what everyone else is already wondering.

Where'd you pick that up?

Also, why'd you take off the stickers?

So, I'm gonna ask what everyone else is already wondering.

Where'd you pick that up?

Also, why'd you take off the stickers?

My dad sells medical supplies to doctor's offices, and this particular fridge's door wouldn't close tightly enough and that caused the door alarm to go off all the time. This could be fixed easily with some little plastic shims that go on the spindle at the bottom of the door (which is what I did.) The office didn't want to do that though they thought it was a lemon and just wanted it replaced. It's a perfectly good fridge so dad brought it home thinking he could use it as a wine fridge to hold all their bottles, to which my mom responded "that's not going in my house." So it sat in their garage until I came over one weekend and saw it and immediately though "I bet that could hold kegs!"

Guess I don't see what you all are seeing, I didn't like the stickers. I thought it looked nicer without. Turns out my wife agrees and I recently got the OK to move it in out of the garage. :mug:

Hah... I think it would be funny to have the bio-hazard stickers all over it... :) I mean... Homebrew *can* be a biohazard, if done poorly! :D

My dad sells medical supplies to doctor's offices, and this particular So it sat in their garage until I came over one weekend and saw it and immediately though "I bet that could hold kegs!"

It's an awesome kegerator, but what you really need in there in a conical. :mug:

Back