uuuuuu oooooooo !!!! ????????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheaYaAt

Reaction score
so i bottled my wheat and fig beer right. that was monday. and today i noticed like jellyfish floating in it. seriously looks like fresh water jellyfish. ya'll think i should toss it. it smells good and taste good and ABV is 7.8. i'm just scared to drink it. i don't want to kill me or anyone in my family ! what you think.

so i bottled my wheat and fig beer right. that was monday. and today i noticed like jellyfish floating in it. seriously looks like fresh water jellyfish. ya'll think i should toss it. it smells good and taste good and ABV is 7.8. i'm just scared to drink it. i don't want to kill me or anyone in my family ! what you think.

First off it's not going to kill anyone, secondly do a search on infections, this question gets asked every day. Do not throw the beer out! Post pics if you can.

Prolly coagulated pectin from the figs. They are reported to have the highest concentration of pectin.

Some pectinase may be in order for another batch.

Unless of course you used Gelatin somewhere. In a wheat that mean you are doing it wrong. But it won't kill you.

Probably a bottle krauzen...Same principle as the one in a fermenter...It should fall and be the yeastscum at the bottom of your bottles, after your beer conditions...My theory is it always happens but the only people who notice them are noobs who don't just stick their bottles in the closet and forget them for 3 weeks like the rest of us :D

It should be fine...

Or it's an infection :D

(I'm betting on Bottle Krauzens, but we won't know for 3 weeks)

So just step away from the bottles and let them do their thing.

But post your fig wheat recipes....I love figs.

:mug:

first off, they are in a closet. Second, have done plenty brews and been apart of plenty. I have never seen that **** before. I don't rush none of my beers. But when I open the closet to get towels and see a f@#*ing creature growing I'm gonna say what the f*@%! I have never seen anything like this, that is why I ask the question. All I ask is If anyone ever seen it. I don't need u tellin me that I'm a noob and comparing me to some other fools. I ask if someone might have an idea of what it is.

All I ask is If anyone ever seen it. I don't need u tellin me that I'm a noob and comparing me to some other fools. I ask if someone might have an idea of what it is.

Chill out. You asked a question, and you got answers. No one insulted you or "compared you to some other fools".

Your post was titled some **** like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ooooooooooooooo??l "I gots jellyfish in my bottle- will it kill me?" and then you asked "What do you think?"

No, it won't kill you. Some even asked for pictures to help you diagnose your issue. Don't jump all over people trying to help.

first off, they are in a closet. Second, have done plenty brews and been apart of plenty. I have never seen that **** before. I don't rush none of my beers. But when I open the closet to get towels and see a f@#*ing creature growing I'm gonna say what the f*@%! I have never seen anything like this, that is why I ask the question. All I ask is If anyone ever seen it. I don't need u tellin me that I'm a noob and comparing me to some other fools. I ask if someone might have an idea of what it is.

Easy, dude....no need to get your panties in a twist. I've seen some funky things in the bottle during conditioning, and I'd just let it ride to see where you end up. It's possible that you have picked up an infection if a bottle or two slipped through your cleaning/sanitization procedure but a few short days is far too soon to pass any judgement.

I'm with Gila- I think it's some bound pectin from the figs.

thank u everyone for your help by the way! I appreciate it. I try not ask some stupid questions but this one is something I never seen ya know. Of course this is my first fig beer. I had a feelin it was pectin. But I ain't no veteran so I was hoping for a swift answer from you gents. I was already expecting the smart ass S@*# trust me.

If u notice I wasn't talkin to anyone accept captain revy.

And Revvy certainly wasn't being accusatory or judgmental in his reply to your postings, so I say your foul-mouthed reply was out of order. He merely stated his theory- and didn't point a finger at you.

Now that we've cleared the air, RDWHAHB. :mug:

I wasn't dissing you...go back and read what I wrote....I was just saying that USUALLY the people who come on saying they see something on top of their bottles ARE USUALLY new brewers who stare incessantly at their bottles AND that I think it's actually very common....

I was only trying to help, LIKE I HAVE IN JUST ABOUT EVERY THREAD WHERE YOU ASKED A QUESTION....

All I ask is If anyone ever seen it. I don't need u telling me that I'm a noob and comparing me to some other fools.
DEEEEEP BREATTTHHHHHH
It's ok.
Even when you have a 5000+ post count...and ask a WTF? Question...people call you a n00b It's ok. We've all been a n00b before, and personally, I hope to be pushing the envelope enough to be one again....repeatedly.

Your gunk is coagulated pectin, and residual fiber from the fruit. Now stop feeling sorry for your self, stop being offended, and send us some figgy beer!

***Edit.
Work is getting in the way here. I started typing this before Yoopers Chill out post!....DRAT!

pseudo chef! Thank u, that's all I was trying to say. I don't like getting the shut up noob treatment. As I'm sure no one else would. The whole jellyfish thing was me trying to explain without pics since I am on an iPhone right now. And the killing me and my family was to get a laugh while I got an answer. I just like when everyone is having a good time with it you know. The **** looks like the creature from the black lagoon. So I thought I would get a laugh about it attackin me and my family. Typing really doesnt show any emotion, so after i read what i typed i noticed it sounded harsh but i got a bad mouth and really aint upset about nothing. It sounded worse than it was . Pseudochef knows what's up. So cheers everyone. Yes revy ain't no thing. My reply just sounded worse than it was. Thank u again for ur help in the past and again here.

And BIG . Compared to u guys,Yes I'm new to beer brewing and never tried to be a expert veteran. you know I really try not to repeat the same Ole' questions but again you gotta see this **** in these bottles. I never heared anyone ask about killer jellyfish.... LOL Crazy, once again thank u everyone!

Back