Using hop extract late in boil???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbond2

Reaction score
Any home brewers used hop extract late in the boil or even in the keg just before serving??? I think I may try this on my next IIPA. Beginning to wonder if this is how heady topper gets that really dank resin profile.

Any home brewers used hop extract late in the boil or even in the keg just before serving??? I think I may try this on my next IIPA. Beginning to wonder if this is how heady topper gets that really dank resin profile.

It'll work. I would only do it if I knew what hops the extract was made from, but otherwise no reason not to.

It'll work. I would only do it if I knew what hops the extract was made from, but otherwise no reason not to.
Not to derail the thread, but I just wanted to comment re: your signature. Is the house next door to you for sale? I want to be your neighbor. I want ALL DEM BEERS!!

Hahaahh...thanks dude. I am actually developing a business plan for a brewery...somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. I hope one day everybody can enjoy the art I make!

I found the answer to my own question...hop shots are 100% alpha acids. So in all reality a guy would only need to boil for 30 or so minutes and add your buttering addition at like 10 minutes. People are developing flavor and aroma specific hop oil and are in the final stages of development...it will change the IPA once again, and I can't ****ing wait!!!

Latest posts

Back