Using a environmental controller instead of a TC, dehumidifier, and CO2 reg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, with no hacking at all it will function as an expensive cooling temperature control.

But no, it won't give you those other functions you're thinking of. It is only a control box. Power comes in, and based on a sensor and programming it decides which of 4 outlets to turn on.

The sensor is for measuring Co2 in air - not beer. So that won't help you. It doesn't have any Co2 pressure regulator, just a receptacle that can be used to power a Co2 distribution system in a grow room.

You could use the humidistat function to control a dehumidifier, but why? There is no reason to control humidity in a keezer to a set level. You simply want it out.

reynolds5520 .... I had a dream... it resulted in not paying a ton of attention to reality. haha. My thought was with a little tinkering you could use it dehumidify completely, if will provide digital output a regulator so just hack it to output exactly the psi yo want, and then use it as a TC in an obvious manner. But Most of those things are piped out of the controller to other devices not embedded in the controller as i thought at first. so. hello voice of reality.

thanks though

Back