Using 120 from 240

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishBrewer74

Reaction score
Am very close to starting construction of my control panel. Besides the 220 elements I plan on two pumps and also an exhaust fan w/light. All the wiring diagrams I have seen show running every 120v item (PID, ETC) off the same leg of the 240. Wouldn't you want to spread that out, or doesn't it matter? Meaning wouldn't it be better to run one pump on each of the legs so as to not draw too juice on just one leg? Since I am also incorporating an exhaust fan w/light I may bring a separate 120 line into the panel so as to not go over 30 amps if necessary.

It doesn't matter which leg you use. Make sure you bring the neutral to the rig; you'll need it for your 120V components. You would be wise to run your exxhaust fan on a dedicated (or less used) circuit.

It doesn't matter which leg you use. Make sure you bring the neutral to the rig; you'll need it for your 120V components. You would be wise to run your exhaust fan on a dedicated (or less used) circuit.

+1 on the exhaust fan.

Back