User Name Riddles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDXX1971

Reaction score
I have been on a few forums, one thing I always find interesting is all the usernames. Some are really simple, others seem simple but suggest hidden meaning, others are cryptic. Lets see who can figure out what whose name is about. Hints are welcome. I will start.

JDXX1971- My name and birth year probably pretty obvious. But wait there's more.

A motorcycle and a jet. That's the clue.

I have been on a few forums, one thing I always find interesting is all the usernames. Some are really simple, others seem simple but suggest hidden meaning, others are cryptic. Lets see who can figure out what whose name is about. Hints are welcome. I will start.

JDXX1971- My name and birth year probably pretty obvious. But wait there's more.

A motorcycle and a jet. That's the clue.

JDAM is a type of missile fired by a jet, and JD was also a 1929 motorcycle.. on the right track?

Hint about mine, it's almost entirely my name.

You own a Honda Blackbird.

I think mine's pretty obvious, given my brewery thread. The double entendre, of course, refers to my mental state. :D

Sweet we have a winner!!!!!!!! So do you know the jet reference too then?

I miss that bike, been gone a couple few years now. I tell you it was a life experience having it though.

JDAM is a type of missile fired by a jet, and JD was also a 1929 motorcycle.. on the right track?

Hint about mine, it's almost entirely my name.

Wrong but definitely thinking in the right context.

I dont know, when I look at yours with the hint all I can think about is my cousin Theodor King who has been gone for many years now.

Wrong but definitely thinking in the right context.

I dont know, when I look at yours with the hint all I can think about is my cousin Theodor King who has been gone for many years now.

Sr 71 blackbird for the jet reference?

You got the last name right. "the" is just what it appears to be. Mad is a play on my oddly spelled but common first name, and a reflection of my mental state.

I'm sorry for your loss and for bringing up those memories.

You got the last name right. "the" is just what it appears to be. Mad is a play on my oddly spelled but common first name, and a reflection of my mental state.

No problem man, I don't mind the memories at all.

My cousin was quite mad himself, in the you know good kinda way. I was just thinking about that actually, how crazy we all were back in the 80's & early 90's.

Yep that's it!!! Would you be a Matt?

that is the longest consecutive Sci-fi show.

Doctor Who surpassed it with the 2005 reboot for number of episodes and over all time.

Yeah, I never watched either really. So it is lost on me. That is a sick name for a brewery though.:rockin:

I started off using 'Schematic' on IRC (does anyone remember that??) back when I was a teenager. The inspiration was due to my interest in electronics. One day (or more likely, night) I logged on only to find someone else had the name in use. IRC was first-come-first-serve for names, so i messaged the person and politely discussed the situation. They said they had been using the name for years, but would relinquish it to me. They renamed themselves 'Hassle', in honor of me they said, and that was that.

Since I didn't want to have the same nickname as someone else (and didn't want to have a number in it) I changed it to 'SchematiX', and then later on dropped the capitalization to all lowercase. It's been >20 years now. At one point i had the corresponding domain names too.

Sweet we have a winner!!!!!!!! So do you know the jet reference too then?

Oh great gods no. You'll have to wait until my roomie, Mr. I_Programmed_SR71's_In_My_Youth, gets home.
laughing.gif

jaybird
a Deep South term from the 1960s and before which means approximately: fool, bastard, jerk, jackass, silly twit, silly billy, doofus, goofball, goof-off, layabout, delinquent, lazy bum, gadabout, joker, popinjay, etc. This word is almost always meant as an affectionate insult among friends, and doesn't carry much wallop.:D:D:D

DAMN IT! I am ALL OF THAT AND MORE.. But I am NOT a LAZY BUM! Bum, YES.. BUt I am NOT LAZY! You take that S#!T BACK!

Baaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Cheers
Jay...BIRD!

Mine is kinda funny. I technically am an ordained minister through the Church of the Latter Day Dude. So Rev + Kev. This is a hard one. Sometimes I also use memyselfandkev as a user name

(+10 points if you automatically think of the movies that reference each)

Mine is kinda funny. I technically am an ordained minister through the Church of the Latter Day Dude. So Rev + Kev. This is a hard one. Sometimes I also use memyselfandkev as a user name

(+10 points if you automatically think of the movies that reference each)

Me Myself and Irene.... Beers for everyone!

Cheers
Jay

DAMN IT! I am ALL OF THAT AND MORE.. But I am NOT a LAZY BUM! Bum, YES.. BUt I am NOT LAZY! You take that S#!T BACK!

Baaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Cheers
Jay...BIRD!

Ok,ok, I am pretty sure your not lazy with all of us hounding you for parts.

I am still trying to figure it out???:confused::confused::confused:

Is your name Jerry, and do you brew?

Close. Jeremiah. My creativity lies in building things and engineering. Naming stuff is what my lady does.

It came from a username I used in diablo 2. My mule account was jer. Because simple jer was taken. Go figure. It became my main account so my online handles became jerdot. Only a teenager can think like this mind you. Anyway naming time here came up and replacing dot with brew was all I could think. Wish I'd thought of something better but what the hell.

Backpacking in Yellowstone and the missus and I were looking out for bear scat as a way of delaying or maybe even avoiding being eaten by Grizz or black bears. For a long stretch of trail we encountered a lot of elk droppings. Native Americans (Shawnee and Cree as it were) called these beast wapiti. Wapitiscat was hatched and here we are. It's often mistaken as an Ella Fitzgerald improvisation about large North American herbivores.

Back