Used kegerator cost?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjm06

Reaction score
Ey guys I'm looking at buying a used kegerator and was wondering what the typical Price is. I attached some pictures and hoping you can give me some feedback. It comes with the co2 tank

Thanks

image-3443494426.jpg

image-297895258.jpg

image-4242427197.jpg

FWIW I bought my Danby "chill n' tap" kegerator for $300 Canadian with a 5lb co2 tank and a single ball lock keg.

It was all sanke and the co2 tank was needing a hydro test on the next fill, so obviously I had to make some changes to do home brew in it.

This is a bit apples to oranges of course as this is a keezer and mine is a commercially built kegerator, but maybe it helps.

That's a keezer. I'd say $250 max for freezer, tap, co2, regulator, keg, temp controller and lines.

This is the other one I was looking at, they are asking 350 and it comes with co2 tank

image-79303873.jpg

(sorry its sideways)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't pay anywhere close to 350 for used kegerator when you can have this delivered to your door for 350 and it's new.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HJVYDQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Gah I can't believe how cheap some things are in the US compared to Canada...cheapest new kegerator you can buy here would be around $650, on sale.

So yeah, OP don't pay $350 for anything not-new unless it's already converted for homebrew disconnects, double tap, co2 tank is WELL within the last 5 year hydro date, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the other one I was looking at, they are asking 350 and it comes with co2 tank

View attachment 53628

(sorry its sideways)

Mine is just like that one. I got it for $150 off CL. They had bought it for a family reunion, and had run a single keg of Bud through it. Sucker looked brand new and the CO2 tank was full.

I replaced that skinny tower with a three tap with fan. I can squeeze two 5 gallons and a 3 gallon in, with the little keg on the hump.

:ban:

used freezer $50

parts www.kegconnection.com maybe $100

So easy, a brain damaged tree sloth with a drill could install it.;)

Kidding! if you detest DIY, it may be worth the extra cash, but I would go with a no frills freezer and picnic taps before paying $250 for a keezer.

Cpt_Kirks said:
Mine is just like that one. I got it for $150 off CL. They had bought it for a family reunion, and had run a single keg of Bud through it. Sucker looked brand new and the CO2 tank was full.

I replaced that skinny tower with a three tap with fan. I can squeeze two 5 gallons and a 3 gallon in, with the little keg on the hump.

Are you happy with the purchase? I think if they sell for 250 it's not a bad deal

cheezydemon3 said:
used freezer $50

parts www.kegconnection.com maybe $100

So easy, a brain damaged tree sloth with a drill could install it.;)

Kidding! if you detest DIY, it may be worth the extra cash, but I would go with a no frills freezer and picnic taps before paying $250 for a keezer.

Thanks for the website! Ive realized a Kreezer may be too big for my limited space so I'm leaning more towards the kegerator

FWIW, a Holiday 5.0 cubic ft chest freezer has 22x28 footprint which isn't much bigger than a commercial kegerator.

View attachment 53628

(sorry its sideways)
I bought this one at Home Depot for $180. It was a return, and had a couple tape marks on the door and was missing the sanke connector. The tap is pretty cheap, but the unit is big enough to hold 2 kegs, so I added a stainless dual tap tower.

Now I want some 3 gallon kegs.

Are you happy with the purchase? I think if they sell for 250 it's not a bad deal

It's Great!

I used the coarse adjust modification on the internal thermostat. It stays at a frosty 38*F now.

Without the mod, it would only go down to about 46*F.

Now I want some 3 gallon kegs.

I've got four of them, but would still like another. Now, I need to come across another deal...

Cpt_Kirks said:
It's Great!

I used the coarse adjust modification on the internal thermostat. It stays at a frosty 38*F now.

Without the mod, it would only go down to about 46*F.

I'm not familiar with the coarse adjustment mod, I'll have to google that. Are your kegs pin or ball? Was wondering if two pins would fit in it

I'm not familiar with the coarse adjustment mod, I'll have to google that. Are your kegs pin or ball? Was wondering if two pins would fit in it

My kegs are ball.

If you remove the two screws and carefully lower the thermostat (unplug the power cord first) and remove the cover, there is a coarse adjust screw on the right side.

IIRC, I screwed it out a couple of turns, but YMMV.

Back