Used ball lock 5 gal kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbnbrew

Reaction score
It's bought two 5 gal ball lock kegs off eBay paid 50 for each that included shipping costs there's 15 more if that was a good deal and anyone else wants/needs any.

I tried to get a link but on my phone app I can't get one the item is "HOME BREW 5 GAL STAINLESS STEEL KEG USED". It's listed at 38 per keg but it's got an OBO and I offered 30 so 52 after shipping and they accepted for the two.

Thanks for the heads up. I took a chance and picked up 4 at the same price. Even with shipping it's cheaper than I'm seeing them locally, so maybe it will work out.

I'm hoping I made a good choice. I haven't kegged before just bottled but I'm trying to step up my brewing game now I just need to find all the equipment

I'm hoping I made a good choice.

As long as they hold pressure, they'll be fine. Order some o-ring kits if you don't have any on hand. I think I've got enough on hand to refurbish the ones I ordered.

Post back here when you get them. We can compare notes.

Just shipped. Picked up a 7.2 cf chest freezer today off CL. Any suggestions on thermostat? Plug in or wired?

someone should offer $20 and see if he takes it! :) I offered $26, we'll see. I doubt it but who knows.

They are shipping quite a few I messaged to see when they would ship and they said they shipped 8 orders today I assume mine and the 4 other kegs from angrysparrow and 6 more orders so they might take 26 at the high shipping cost

They are shipping quite a few I messaged to see when they would ship and they said they shipped 8 orders today I assume mine and the 4 other kegs from angrysparrow and 6 more orders so they might take 26 at the high shipping cost

I know he won't accept less than $24, at least not for me. :) He wanted $34.50 but if the OP paid $30 then I too want to pay that much.

How do those come? Do you have to buy all the stuff to wire it up? Is it just the box? What all do you have to buy after you buy this and what do you have to do to get them working?

Looks to be just like the STC-1000 just in fht.
There is a write up on here about how to make a temp controller with an STC-1000
The extra parts should cost about 5 to 10 $ if ya buy them new at HomeDepot or Walmart.

Yeah, I got my shipment notice today too.

Yea he took my first offer at 30 I figured 52 total for each one was a good deal. Also just plugged my freezer in on lowest setting and it's hanging at 33-34 according to my digital thermometer but I think that's too close to freezing for storing kegs I'm afraid a small change and my beer will be ruined

offered $30 + shipping on 2 as the op we'll see. don't need them as of yet but can never have to many I suppose.

Matteo57 said:
Yeah he turned down my offer of 2 at $26, so I put down 3 at $30.... We'll see
I said 2 at $30 each and he keeps pressing $34.50. I can get that locally. He can suck it.

Looks like they figured out people were on to the OBO and told friends

Came back with the 34.50 for me as well. At that price and shipping it would cost more than me buying local.

My two just got delivered filled them up and had to replace the lid seal and will replace the rest to be safe but holds pressure great so far so good. Working on my keezer right now as well hope it all comes together at the same time.

Well update. One doesn't hold pressure already packed up and ready to go back but the other works like a champ I cleaned it out the. Hooked it up and ran 5 gallons of star san through it worked perfectly

Got my four with today's mail. On arrival, two would hold pressure, two had slow leaks. I flipped the lid o-ring on one of the leaky ones and it was fine. The other is a slow leak from one of the poppet valves. I'm soaking it in PBW now. Worst case is a new $3 poppet.

These are TLC-grade kegs, meaning that they need just a little. No big deal. For me, still cheaper than local ones.

Yea mine looks like the lid opening is slightly deformed and won't allow it to seal I tried everything to get it to work.

Back