Urgent! Replacement for disconnect fittings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantalus

Reaction score
I'm taking the final steps on my kegerator conversion and just realized that while I ordered 1/4" flare fittings for the gas components, I forgot to order one of these fittings for my ball locks for my beer lines. I've got a brew ready to keg today and was wondering if anyone knows if I can find these parts at a home improvement store or if there are any temporary fixes I can make using the equipment that would be available in one.

Thanks!

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/1-4-barbed-swivel-nut.html

I don't know for sure as I haven't looked, but my guess would be that if they are available at a home improvement store or basic hardware store, they'd be in with the air compressor stuff.

Just order the fittings and hold off on connecting the beer lines.

I use the two weeks at serving pressure carbonation model, so I don't even think about connecting the beer line up until about that long after the keg goes onto the gas.
I'd also suggest ordering extra fittings for later. I have several spare fittings for use just in case I need them to replace existing, or I decide to do something where I'll need to use them. IMO, you're better off having a few spare fittings that sit in storage for some time than need to scramble to find fittings on the quick.

BTW, the fittings you'll want for beer are stainless steel. Not sure if HD or Lowe's, or other hardware stores will have the fittings with the 1/4" MFL side and proper barb size in stainless.

I haven't had any luck finding the proper flares (or nylon washers) at a hardware store. I agree with Golddiggie, go to a HBS. HD/Lowes might have brass but you don't want that. I think I found some brass fittings at a hardware store once but not the washers.

Just order the fittings and hold off on connecting the beer lines.

I use the two weeks at serving pressure carbonation model, so I don't even think about connecting the beer line up until about that long after the keg goes onto the gas.
I'd also suggest ordering extra fittings for later. I have several spare fittings for use just in case I need them to replace existing, or I decide to do something where I'll need to use them. IMO, you're better off having a few spare fittings that sit in storage for some time than need to scramble to find fittings on the quick.

BTW, the fittings you'll want for beer are stainless steel. Not sure if HD or Lowe's, or other hardware stores will have the fittings with the 1/4" MFL side and proper barb size in stainless.

I didn't even think of this, but it's a great idea. you don't need to have the beer lines hooked up anyways. By the time it's carbed, you'll have your fittings.

Latest posts

Back