Unlocking a phone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some technical help here. I have a samsung galaxy s4 through verizon and I am switching carries because I am just done with verizon. Wpuld like to keep my phone though, and I bought it straight through verizon two years ago so I doubt it would come unlocked? How would you guys recommend that I unlock my phone? Thanks!

ask them directly for the unlock code, they have to give it to you (assuming zero contractual issues)

All Verizon LTE phones are sim unlocked. The issue you may run into is the proper wireless bands. Compare the specs of the phone to the specs of the carrier you plan on going to to see if the phone will work on the network.

Yeah, unfortunately the big carriers all have different technologies. AT&T does not work with Verizon who does not work with Sprint. There are the smaller companies that buy bandwith off the biggies, but you are usually up S* creek using one carriers branded phone with another carrier.

All Verizon phones are unlocked. Your phone will work with Tmobile(except Band 12) and att

Back