Uneven card

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstreetbrew

Reaction score
SO this is the first time this has happened to me. But he Last batch of root beer I made did not carb evenly. I bottle my root beer in glad bottles ( have never had a problem with them exploding) I bottle one plastic bottle so I can use that to know when to cold crash. So today I opened a bottle and it totally over flowed on me way to much carbonation. Than I proceeded to open a second bottle for a different case and it was not crabbed at all. I am pretty new to the whole root beer brewing thing but I have gotten supper into it over the past 5 months and have bottled up several 100 bottles and have never had a problem like that with only half the bottles craning up. I'm using 6.2 oz bottle for is particular batch. Could that have anything to do with it? Any ideas would be great.

I'm going to guess either your yeast didn't mix in evenly, or some of your bottles didn't seal well.

That's all that I can think of it being. I've never had that problem before. I think this is the last time I use these small bottles.

Back