Undercarbed Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festbier

Reaction score
I put a red on gas about 6 days ago at 12 PSI and just poured a glass to check it and it was way undercarbed. I planned on leaving it at 12psi for 14 days to clear, age and carbonate but I thought I would check it today. Its been 4 years since I've done this so I am wondering if my plan is ok. I can't remember exactly how I did it before, but I think it was close to what I described here. Any thoughts?

I put a red on gas about 6 days ago at 12 PSI and just poured a glass to check it and it was way undercarbed. I planned on leaving it at 12psi for 14 days to clear, age and carbonate but I thought I would check it today. Its been 4 years since I've done this so I am wondering if my plan is ok. I can't remember exactly how I did it before, but I think it was close to what I described here. Any thoughts?

what is the temperature? even if it's say 35F, "set and forget" approach may take a while - 1-2 weeks or so. Still, 6 days should produce decent amount of carbonation, assuming beer is cold.

I like to "burst" carb with 30 psi or so for 24 hour or so, then dial back to serving pressure.

forcecarbillustrated.gif

The green line says you're almost halfway there...

Cheers!

Oh, I forgot to add the temp...about 40F.

Thanks day trippr. I did see that chart a couple of weeks ago, just thought I would double check a few opinions on here. Thanks

Back