Uncarbonated lambic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrheinous

Reaction score
I have a pumpkin pie lambic coming up on one year and want to package it. BJCP says lambics can be bottled without carbonation and these guys up in Oregon have a series of still sours so it's been done commercially.

Does that mean standard wine bottles and straight corks could be used or is a champagne style bottle still required?

Most of my searching on the topic brings up the same 'lambic is often served uncarbonated' note without further discussion.

I'd probably go with the champagne bottles with cages just to be safe, or at least normal capped bottles since you don't know how long the bacteria will keep going at your sugars and you don't want the corks popping out.

I've added some extra fermentables recently since the flavor hasn't really developed since tasting it several months ago. That would delay a stable FG for right now.

Latest posts

Back