• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Canada Ultimate electric homebrewery for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imadeitathome

Reaction score
The best most precise ultimate homebrewery! Built to theelectricbrewery.com specifications, this 50A back to back system will brew 12 gallon batches without even blinking. Flawless construction and rigorous testing will ensure years of awesome homebrewing.

Includes:

Item
50A B2B Brewery Controller
3x 20 Gallon MEGA POTS
Elements
Stainless Fittings
Hoses
2x Chugger Pumps
Stand
Controller Wall Mount
Sensor Cabling
Stainless HERMS Coil
Stainless Hop Spider

I have brewed almost 50 batches on this system and it is in flawless condition. It is nearly 8500 dollars worth of equipment!

Price - $5500 CAD. Location - Toronto Area, Ontario

10461370_10152352466893719_5984492328478750506_n.jpg

ESASb4E.jpg

hWEj1j1.jpg

IMG_7682.jpg

ZUImwE5.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

2ZfxuX9.jpg

Hey there. I wanted to know if you were interested in Paring out the chugger pumps? If so shipped to 05468, VT?

Beautiful setup lads, even down to the trim on the stand.

A few questions:

1) Have you done two back to back brews of 15 Gals to get a full US barrel in a session? Is it capable of this?

2) Being a Canadian system is there anything different with the plugs or electrical requirements that would require modification to run in a US household?

3) Are you aware of any issues that may arise at Customs bringing this brewery back over the border at Niagara?

Thanks.

Hey garthgrogan,

I live in St. Catharines just outside of Niagara Falls and got a lot of stuff for my setup over the border. As far as going over the border you'll just have to tell them you bought a used beer brewing system for whatever the price and they'll charge you the duty fees. Of course you'd still be laughing because your money is worth almost a third more than ours! The best thing to do is have a printout of your messages with imadeitathome and then a written receipt with the amount by him with his signature.

As far as connections go, I work in the trades and spent two summers in Louisiana building houses after hurricane Katrina. Electrical is the same connection-wise. It's just practices and codes that vary.

Hope this helped!

Hey Garthrogan,

1) I have not done 15 gallons but i do 12 gallon batches currently. You could get it up there no problem. Lots of room in both the mash tun and the boil kettle. I'd recommend some fermcap as you'll be doing a pre-boil of about 18 Gallons!

2) North american plugs are standard. A lot of the parts came up out of the US.

3) Not sure on this one. Its not a commercial sale but you may get stopped and have to pay taxes. No legal issues though getting it over the border I think.

4) The Canadian dollar sucks! Hit 69 cents on the US dollar today - big win for you!

Cheers

Thanks for you input Quik.

So the duty is basically sales tax? I'm guessing ~6% on the sale price? It's not huge but on a 5k purchase it's also not insignificant.

Also if you live in St Catherines, then you were going the opposite way to buy your gear. Your experiences with Canadian Customs may be a lot different than with US customs... as a non US or Canada passport holder I've done the Niagara border back and forth several times in the past as a neutral and only ever got static from the US side....

Why am I selling it? I can tell you folks now - Divorce sucks! I have to sell my house and I wont have room for it in the new place. It happens!

Damn.... That's a serious bummer.

I plan on going electric eventually and, considering the state of the CAD, I wish I was ready to make the leap right now. I'd totally drive up to pick it up.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about that, I've been down that road before myself. I wish you the best in this sucky time, eventually it will be in the rear view mirror, but for now it's less than fun.

Latest posts

Back