****ty Neighbors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olllllo said:
The correct use of quotation marks.
From wikipedia:

Quotation marks are also used to indicate that the writer realizes that a word is not being used in its current commonly-accepted sense.

Correct!

My tongue was firmly in cheek when I wrote that the OP basically deserved to have his beer stolen for leaving it lying around. No, I don't believe stealing is a right, but therein lies the humor...:D

olllllo was also correct that it was indeed a friendly admonishment to not leave valuables where they can be stolen. Not everyone in this world is above pinching property not bolted down.

:cross:

Well in addition to taking my delicious porter, they thought it was ok to throw the 1.5 liter swing top bottle in the recycling after drinking it. Those things are hard to come by, the sad part was that I would have given them beer if they had asked, I had other stuff in the same spot. One could say the other stuff was "hidden" inside boxes, but if they had opened them, they could have taken it, but they obviously only took the bottle left in the open on the shelf, my special bottle.

It was the most delicious 8~9% Abv Porter, It aged in secondary for 4~5 months and was carbonated naturally both in the keg and in the bottle I even added different yeasts just for the purpose of carbonation. I can re-make the recipe, but it will be months till it is ready to drink the time is something I can't get back.

So whatever happened with this? Did you confront your neighbors? How did it go?

Back