two years in keg.... should I drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetish

Reaction score
I just found a half keg of cider in my garage from 2 years ago. There was still co2 pressurizing the tank. Think it's any good to drink? I tried some and it seems fine. It seems drier than I remember bit other than that it tastes normal. Should I just dump it?

Whatever you do, Don't drink it! Send the keg to me for proper disposal:drunk:. Just to be on the safe side, I will need to dispose of the empty keg too:D. We don't want to take any chances.

Why don't you bring over to my house and we'll kick a few back for sampling purposes!! LOL As long as it pours clean, smells good, I bet it might be a hair stronger too after a couple years; it should be some pretty good stuff.

Well I'm drinking it and it is good. A little drier than I remember but still great. I actually thought I had bottled it all from the keg and just found it half full when I pulled out the old keg for a batch of root beer I'm making.

Latest posts

Back