Two Wort Chillers 1 Pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culln5

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've recently upgraded my kettle to 15 gallons and my wort chiller is now way too small and ineffective (even with a pre-chiller).

My current (free) wort chiller is about the diameter of a paint can. My question is; if I were to build an additional wort chiller about the diameter of a 5 gallon bucket and place the current wort chiller in the center of it, could I connect the two and it be effective? Maybe a wye on the inputs so they both get the same temp water? If anyone has done something similar, pictures would be appreciated!

George

Look at jaded brewing, they make lots of different immersion chiller configs including some with multiple lines. If they work your idea should aswell. Also will allow you to open the flow up more and not lose efficiency from water flowing too fast.

I had the same problem. I just cut my wort chiller and soldered in an additional 25 ft of tubing. Just bent the tubing to match the existing cooler and used a couple of couplers to tie it all together.

Back