Two single setups vs one double

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMBC

Reaction score
I'm about to buy my first kegging setup. I am starting with two kegs. Would you all recommend two complete single setups (two co2 tanks, regs, gas and beer lines, keg for each) or one double setup (one co2 tank, double body reg, lines, two kegs)?

The reason I'm leaning toward two singles is so if we take a tank and reg camping I'll be able to leave one home carbing a keg. Also, I could see a use for having a tank and reg by the pool for a party while I have another at my fridge inside.

I can see advantages to having co2 in multiple places. Should I just buy a double now and prepare to add another double later?

I have 3 tanks- one is in the kegerator with a manifold, another has a dual body regulator for force carbing upcoming kegs, and the last tank is a backup and has a regulator as well. Only things bought new was the dual body regulator and the manifold, and all the tanks were found on craigslist.
I have a jockey box for camping and I think maybe if you go the paintball co2 setup for the portable keg, it may be more convenient than hauling around a 5# tank and regulator.

i've been thinking about getting a 2nd tank and regulator just to make it easier when cleaning kegs. For camping (if they allow alcohol) would be better off with a paintball tank.

Back