Two problem beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franzy

Reaction score
Hello all, I have an issue with two beers I brewed. I brewed these two within the same week. One was an AG Irish stout I aged in cherry bourbon oak spirals in the primary, but in the 3rd week (I didn't have an available carboy). The other was an Partial mash pumpkin milk stout. They have both been aged for a month and a half. Tried a taste of each and they both taste oddly sweet, almost identical in fact. Both had fermentations at 73 with basic yeast. A friend of mine said they possibly didn't ferment well enough. Any suggestions or ideas?

I'd hate to dump 10 gallons, but at this point they certainly aren't drinkable.

Dunno why I never responded. They were infected so I aged them both a bit more on the oak spirals and bottled them. The one was a commemorative brew for my g - pa who passed so I'll be popping the first bottle open on his birthday. Quite excited cause it did taste like a damn good sour before bottling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Home Brew mobile app

Back