Trying to use brewer's friend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
OK, so I am at the point where I want to start modifying recipe's. I know what I like and what I don't like in the beers I have made. I am trying to use the brewer's friend software that this site is affiliated with and when trying to enter my DME into the spreadsheet, it doesn't recognize it.....My local (60 miles from me, I live in the middle of nowhere), carries Breiss DME.....

As a first ecipe modified, I was trying to modify a Northern Brewer Mosaic IPA recipe....I love the beer, but I want to decrease the ABV just a bit and put all the hops into the hopstand instead of saving some for a dry hop. I have done the original recipe with all DME from my local brewshop vs the LME and DME of the Northern Brewer kit and am happy with th results.

My problem is, that when I try to plug the recipe into the Brewer's Friend Software, it does not recognize what my local brew shop calls "Breiss Dry Light" DME. How do I ascertain what the software is wanting to recognize vs. what the local shop is calling It?

Any help is appreciated.....

Lon

When creating your recipe, you need to choose Extract as your brewing method and as far as I can see, you will find Briess DME as Golden Light, Pilsen Light, etc. Even if it's a partial mash, these options will still appear. If not, I'm not understanding what you are asking.

I include a screenshot for you here:

DME.PNG

When creating your recipe, you need to choose Extract as your brewing method and as far as I can see, you will find Briess DME as Golden Light, Pilsen Light, etc. Even if it's a partial mash, these options will still appear. If not, I'm not understanding what you are asking.

I include a screenshot for you here:

View attachment 682237
Thanks, I finally found it.....I just hadn't scrolled far enough down the list. It appears that they have several "Breiss" sections in the list and the DME is at the very bottom of the drop down box.....

Lon

Thanks, I finally found it.....I just hadn't scrolled far enough down the list. It appears that they have several "Breiss" sections in the list and the DME is at the very bottom of the drop down box.....

Lon

You can also type the fermentable you want, which reduces the need for scrolling.

You can see on the screenshot that I have begun typing " bries ", and all related content, which starts or has " bries " in its name/title, will appear in the same drop down window.

Back