Trying not to burn down the neighborhood, Propane questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
So I just got this used brutus from a buddy of mine. The burners are the same banjo's that blichmann uses. My regulator is this one (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009F709A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20)

How high should I turn up the regulator? I turned it up all the way and saw flame licking out of the intake(?)
When I turn it up really high I no longer see flames, but I'm doing it in daylight so I assume its the blue flame I'm seeking, but at this range I'm afraid of flame coming out of the intake again.
How open should the intake be?
The burners are a little rusty so I took a dremel to them and cleaned out every little hole. I still have a orange sooty flame.

The burners just don't feel very safe. I was just looking for some advice before I trust this thing on a brew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonesense. You won't burn the neighborhood.

The fire crews will focus on teh neighboring houses while they just let yours burn out. :D

Suppose thats true :drunk:
I found a blichmann tutorial that cleared things up a bit. I think I was being too over zealous with my burners. I'll go back and play with them when it's dark outside and I can see the minimum flame.

Latest posts

Back