Truly Spiked Sparkling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybleu

Reaction score
So came across these guys today. Maybe some of you have seen it. Truly Spiked Sparkling. It's simply a flavored sparkling water with 5% ABV. Mind mind got a bit curious wondering how they made it. Was it simply enough of a high proof alcohol mixed with water and then sweetened/flavored/carbed? Or was it something else. A quick look at the ingredients shows fermented dextrose as the culprit. I shot them an email which answered surprisingly fast and they said, "It contains alcohol from fermented cane sugar."

So is this basically just a sugar water solution with added yeast to ferment down to 5% which they then flavor, and then yes they force carbonate (also in the email) not yeast carbonate. Is the benefit of this over a pre-made grain alcohol the flavor? Price? I would assume there wouldn't be a harsh alcohol taste to mask, and also marketing. What yeast would one use to have the least amount of flavor possible? Thanks for any thoughts, just intrigued.

http://www.trulyspikedsparkling.com/

guessing something VERY flavorless and filtered lots.
Get enough cane sugar to get you to 5%, ferment, filter 2-3 times, use some very clean yeast, ferment cold and add flavor.

thats my guess

Bumpity bump bump

I'm starting to wonder if this is just vodka and water. Or like you said fermented sugar water solution. I think the yeast would be champagne yeast. The can says alcohol from cane sugar that could be rum?

No truly and all other Seltzer's cannot be sold in grocery stores per NYS law if they are mixed drinks. I think they are carbonated filtered lagers like zima with flavoring adding

What is with the price increase I went to Walmart today usually is 998 went up to 16 something you crazy!!!!I bought Budweiser seltzer instead I will not pay that kind of money what’s wrong with you people it’s even overpriced to 10 bucks and then you do this way to trash the market bad decisions stupid marketing and price gouging

What is with the price increase I went to Walmart today usually is 998 went up to 16 something you crazy!!!!I bought Budweiser seltzer instead I will not pay that kind of money what’s wrong with you people it’s even overpriced to 10 bucks and then you do this way to trash the market bad decisions stupid marketing and price gouging
Your posts on HBT will be better received if you use proper punctuation, so that your sentences are readable. Please review the forum rules here and here. Number 8 in particular:
"8. Please use punctuation and proper sentence structure to make your post more legible to the rest of the readers."
doug293cz
HBT Moderator

well, if you want to save money making your own...you're 'sorta' in the right place...most people round these parts care more about taste though.....

Back