Troubleshooting a Very Slow Pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fenners

Reaction score
I've been kegging for about 18 months now, with a two tap system in a converted upright fridge, perlick taps on the front. Up until now, near zero problems bar the usual teething troubles.

I kegged up a Newcastle Brown Ale clone beer this week and in test pours before it's fully carbed, my pour speed is *extremely* slow. Like dripping slow, instead of the normal pour speed. I haven't changed anything about my setup & this isn't a fancy beer.

I had a spare keg sitting empty so I put some water/sanitizer in it & hooked it up to both taps in turn - regular pour speed.

First thought was the beer was still a little cloudy, so I must have clogged the drip tube or connector. As it wasn't carbed, I moved the beer over to my spare keg (and it looked pretty clear). Hooked it up to the taps, slow pour speed.

Cleaned the original keg and hooked it up with water/starsan - again, fast regular pour.

ARGH.

So I could understand the first keg being clogged with yeasties etc. But the second keg/lines should be clear, right? I've read a bunch of threads/posts & I don't think my line length etc is an issue - I haven't had any issues until this particular brew... I guess I can take apart the posts etc one more time but because I switched kegs + the flow's fine on water etc I dunno...

What have I done wrong to get this slow pour?

Nope, no foam. Beer hasn't carbed up yet as I had the gas off it to diagnose. It's like a slow slow drip of beer.

Back