Tropical/ Hoppy Pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AM1

Reaction score
Guys, i need some advice here!

I have the following leftover hops:Centennial, Cascade, Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe.

i plan to use ALL of them for a REALLY tropical hoppy pale ale.

Grain bill GP/Pils 50-50.

Can you share a nice hop bill to utilise all the hops most effectively for the most tropical result?

Many thanks!!

Well... most of those hops aren't tropical. Citra and Mosaic are really the only two and they lean more citrus than tropical imo. If you're firm on using those variety of hops I would suggest the following.

Simcoe bittering
Cascade 30m addition
Centennial 30m or 10m
Mosaic and Citra in the whirlpool and/or dry hop.

Well... most of those hops aren't tropical. Citra and Mosaic are really the only two and they lean more citrus than tropical imo. If you're firm on using those variety of hops I would suggest the following.

Simcoe bittering
Cascade 30m addition
Centennial 30m or 10m
Mosaic and Citra in the whirlpool and/or dry hop.

thank you for this!
I see some commercial examples as per here:New England IPA - "Northeast" style IPA that use cascade in DH, and i was windering if i cAn use as well in DH. And then was wondering if centennial has anything to add in this combo??

Can confirm the tropical flavors, as advertised with OYL-402 (Cosmic Punch). I just tried the first bottle of a NEIPA I did using cascade and columbus in a mash hop with Omega Yeast's Cosmic Punch. Guava, Passionfruit, and also some grapefruit. Tropical flavors off of standard homegrown hops. Amazing.

Can confirm the tropical flavors, as advertised with OYL-402 (Cosmic Punch). I just tried the first bottle of a NEIPA I did using cascade and columbus in a mash hop with Omega Yeast's Cosmic Punch. Guava, Passionfruit, and also some grapefruit. Tropical flavors off of standard homegrown hops. Amazing.
Sounds amazing! I will give it a shot. For dry hops do you care to share your schedule?

Back