Tripple decoction sour raspberry doppelbock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceanic_brew

Reaction score
I just finished a great week of brewing.

Started with some yeast starters 6-7 days ago, stepped it up every couple nights, made up a lacto starter and fermented that out for a couple days. Was my first 10 Gallon batch and Mash ended up taking about 9 hrs in total for all the decoction steps and fooling around in between.

Hit all my numbers dead on, PH and gravity.

A lot of work but good news is that the lacto starter helped sour the wort from 4.5 to 3.2 in 10 hrs, very impressive. Had to split the batch in two to fit my kettle, boil took 5 hrs to complete both.

Now it's into the ferm chamber for the brulosophy/narzis quick Lager and a two month condition.

My friend was in town for the decoction mash and he thought I was absolutely nuts for putting so much work into a brew! He's right, and I love it.

Just thought I would share

I will have have to agree, that IS a LOT of work for a batch of beer..But, hey, if you enjoyed it and the beer comes out as you expect, it was well worth the effort! Bravo! :mug:

**toot-toot**
nah, but seriously that sounds awesome! and pictures or it didnt happen.

Back