Tri-Clamp Heating Element 7.5 Gal Kettle (Mash King?) reviews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemando

Reaction score
https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Tri...tainless_Ste_p/7.5gal-mashking-wtc-kettle.htm

Does any one have any experience with this kettle and can comment on the build quality? I think the brand might be Mash King. I did a quick google search and I could only find Canadian stores selling it.

Unfortunately its 200 series vs the more corrosion resistant 300 series.

I emailed OBK and they say that even though its 11.5" ID that it will fit a Camco 4500/5500 ripple ulwd element because of the TC fitting.

Thanks.

https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Tri...tainless_Ste_p/7.5gal-mashking-wtc-kettle.htm

Does any one have any experience with this kettle and can comment on the build quality? I think the brand might be Mash King. I did a quick google search and I could only find Canadian stores selling it.

Unfortunately its 200 series vs the more corrosion resistant 300 series.

I emailed OBK and they say that even though its 11.5" ID that it will fit a Camco 4500/5500 ripple ulwd element because of the TC fitting.

Thanks.
Unless you have access to caustic cleaners from a commercial brewery to clean this the fact that its made of 200 series vs 300 will make Zero difference... The benefits are exaggerated marketing hype in the homebrewing world. many other stuff like chapman,concord and even bayou classic kettles (and possible brau supply since they appear to be from the same manufacturer) are not made of 300 series stainless and if yet to see reports of anything eating the stainless with the use of them on here. keep in mind most stainless kitchen ware is made of 200 series even good stuff.. (which is likely why this modified soup pot is made of it)

looks like a nice pot... very expensive for what it is but a nice pot..

Last edited:
It looks nice enough but having a 7.5 gallon kettle will make it very difficult to brew 5 gallon batches with any decent grain bill. With an electric kettle you are trying to set up, you will want to do a full volume mash and for that you will want at the very least a 10 gallon kettle. For example, a 5 gallon batch with an OG of 1.049 and using a full volume mash will take up approximately 9 gallons (ish) of space with the grain and strike water.

I wish they had a slightly larger one... that would make a great HLT or would be easy to toss in a coil for HERMS.

Back