Traverse City Area Brew Clubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NothingRhymesWithCurtiss

Reaction score
I'm moving back to the TC Area in June and am interested in joining a home brew club or simply meeting up with other home brewers.

I am still fairly novice with a handful of extract, BIAB, and AG brews under my belt. I try to brew a few times a month (1 - 2 gal batches), and would welcome the opportunity to learn from more experienced brewers.

I'm also curious about Home Brew Shops in the area. Last I knew Bad Teacher was closed, and that Diversions carries some supplies, but not a whole lot? Am I better continuing to order online?

Thanks!

I think there is a cool club up that way.

Bummer about Bad Teacher. LHBS must be a hard gig. When I was there one time they were kind of slim pickins. Closed not long after that. They are a little too far north to be useful for me, but I did hang out with the guys at a beer festival and they were very cool and seemed engaged in the hobby, not just salespeople.

Diversions is where I got my start, and I hate to put them down, but their selection is small and they don't refrigerate hops. It's a side business for them.

There is an (over)abundance of breweries in the area, though. Perhaps one of them will do like Bells has done and open a homebrew supply shop on the side wide a wide selection of goods.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tc-H...rder-of-Practicing-Zymurgists/139802172769694

TCHOPZ is the club I was thinking of.

Diversions is where I got my start, and I hate to put them down, but their selection is small and they don't refrigerate hops. It's a side business for them.

We were walking downtown TC yesterday and stopped into Diversions. It's definitely a side business for them, but they had everything on my list. In addition, they're now refrigerating their hops (yeast too, I think).

We were walking downtown TC yesterday and stopped into Diversions. It's definitely a side business for them, but they had everything on my list. In addition, they're now refrigerating their hops (yeast too, I think).

Good for them. I didn't mean to sound down on them. I'd take a place like that near my house any day of the week!

There is the Traverse City Brewers Guild, and a couple of the guys from Bad Teacher were suppose to be opening up Brew Supply down my the Work Shop Brewery. I haven't had a chance to make it down there to see if it was up and running.

Craft House Brew Supply (http://www.beerforward.com) is pretty much the continuation of Bad Teacher.. I've not been there, know nothing about them, other than that they would not honor the gift card i was given by Bad Teacher for winning a homebrew competition..

There is the Northern Michigan Homebrewers Guild. They have a facebook page.. Again, I don't know anything about them.

Back