Travelling from Maine to NYC. Brewery stops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neptune

Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm heading to New York City next week and I'm trying to think of places to stop and pick up growlers and/or cans of good brews I can't get up here.

So far I'm thinking about Trillium and Tree House brewing. I'm thinking Heady Topper will be a bit too far out of the way.

Also, I'll be in Queens for a week and I have no idea what New York City has to offer, so if there's some must see places to go I'd like to hear about it...

Depends on how you are making the trip down...if you're going to take 95 and stop in Boston I'd hit up Harpoon the through Providence is stop at Narragansett Brewing Company. On my way through CT I'd hit up Two Roads and there are a few along the highway on 95.

In NYC I definitely make the trip into Brooklyn to Brooklyn Brewery and Six Point.

Cheers!

In Boston...well just outside of Boston is Night Shift Brewing, great beers. On 95 in Stratford CT is Two Roads Brewing, awesome tap room and great beers as well.

Have fun and stock up on your way there/way back. NYC is disappointing for craft beer (from what I remember). I was there last year and the best "brewery" I went to while I was there was a part of a Guy Fieri chain I think. I think it was Heartland Brewery? Good food though. I was only there for two days though, and that was my first time back since I was a kid and the girlfriend had more planned than just brewery stuff. We went to a pretty cool bar in Times Square called "Times Scare" and it's a year round bar & haunted house. We rented bikes and rode around Central Park, which was fun. There is a Whole Foods in the city too with a good beer selection. Wish I could be more help to you!

I'd like to point out that I paid $14 for a Heineken at Bubba Gumps though...haha.

Night Shift and Trillium are a must if your in the Boston area. If you are hitting up Two Roads, stop into Nikki's Liqours in Providence, one of the best bottle shops around. New England Brewing Company after that. Maybe take the long way back and hit up Treehouse in western Mass.

My favorite breweries in NYC are all in Brooklyn. If you have time to hit up a few I would say check out Threes Brewing, which also has changing restaurants serving up awesome food so check their website for current residencies. Also well worth the trip is Other Half brewery. It's a little hole in the wall, but they have incredible IPAs and sours/Brett beers. They only sell cans on one or two days a week so it can get pretty crowded on those days, but it's worth the wait. I personally don't think the bigger breweries are worth going to as you can get most of their offerings at local stores anyway.

Stone face in NH. Night Shift, trillium and a pretzel and growler at harpoon. By pass Rhode Island and hit up NEB and two roads. Another option: There is a decent new brewery outside of new London right off 95 (outer light I believe). Take the ferry to Long Island and go to Greenport brewery, crooked ladder, long Ireland, and moustache, blue point (while at blue point stop at hoptron brewtique in patchogue for decent growler fill selection) and port Jeff. Then make your way to the city. Big Alice, six point and other half are the best places in the city (personal opinion). Just an alternate route to consider. The Long Island breweries are a good time.

Latest posts

Back