Traveling to ABQ and Tucson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip82

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Next week I am driving Albuquerque and then Tucson. Does anyone have a recommendation for beer places to see while in either of these two cities? I am talking brewery and brew pubs and maybe some food places. I appreciate your help.

Chip

There are a few good places in Tucson that come to mind. I would say Nimbus Brewery, Thunder Canyon Brewery, and Noble Hops. All of them are brew pubs or I believe the more affectionate term is "gastropubs." There are more I just can not think of them off the top of my head. Cheers.

I was in Tucson a week ago & visited Nimbus, extremely disappointed in my experience - the staff, the food, the beer....

I would absolutely recommend, however:

dragoon brewing - ipa, saison, session - all spectacular
borderlands - midnight dulce vanilla porter

They have limited tap room days but if you're there when they're open, please support them

Dan

I've had Marble beers from ABQ, and delicious! Don't know anything about the brewery. Also, check out Nexus in ABQ.

in tucson I'd say visit Thunder Canyon and Dragoon. Haven't been to dragoon personally but heard they are excellent from a LOT of clients. Thunder Canyon is a very solid brew pub.

Nimbus I'd stay away from .. their quality is hit or miss (though their Oatmeal stout is a thing of beauty and their old monkeyshine is great)

Gentle Ben's isn't bad, but nothing to write home about.

Barrio or Dragoon or if you can catch them open, Borderlands. Nimbus is on a down hill slide IMO. The Nimbus Bistro, however, has a ton of good beers on tap.

Back