Trash on my yard and driveway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemidoc

Reaction score
I live in a subdivision with an HOA.
I don't smoke and I live alone but yet I always have cig buts in my yard and driveway. Ok no big maybe a neighbor is hiding his cig habit from his wife or someone tossed a but out the window.
I'm ok with the above but today I went to get the mail and had to step over a CONDOM that was laying in my driveway. WTF It was not unfurled unless the guy had a 2" Richard it was probably unused.
What the fruit is wrong with people to think they can leave that kinda thing laying around.
Back when I was having sex and using condoms I made sure that evidence didn't fall into the wrong hands

ask your HOA if it's OK to put up a sign in your driveway that says, SCREWING AND SMOKING IS PROHIBITED IN DRIVEWAY.

Signs are prohibited.:( Given it was less than five feet from the road they would have to be some kinda freaks or exhibitionists.
Imagine coming down the street and seeing that scene. :eek:

F this. Probably some pimple faced D head. Stay up one night with a shotgun and when the pecker head shows up blast some birdshot over his head. He'll either pee himself and run or want to fight. If the former he won't be back. If the latter jack another round.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

F this. Probably some pimple faced D head. Stay up one night with a shotgun and when the pecker head shows up blast some birdshot over his head. He'll either pee himself and run or want to fight. If the former he won't be back. If the latter jack another round.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well I originally posted this cause I thought it was kinda funny.
Really doubt there was anyone doing the horizontal bop In my drive way five feet from the road. Law routinely drives through here at night.
I guess it would be funny if a guy was pooning a woman over my mailbox when the cops happened to be driving by.
"Is that a weapon sir?"
"put that away you could put an eye out'

Motion sensor flood lights!

I'm sure your HOA will get pissed enough to put a stop to it. Man, in SAV they would throw all kinds of bleep out in my yard. beer bottles, liquor bottles, to go boxes (eaten and uneaten) Mcdonalds bags, all sorts of garbage. And this was a well kept neighbourhood.

One day a kid goes skipping a 40 bottle across my drive and I come around the back hollerin, kid (young adult) hears me telling him what I thought. Damn near had a twenty pace showdown, over a recyclable. NOT worth it.

What I think would work better would be a trail cam or maybe just a flash like a camera.

Solution:

71eUq%2BzS9IL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Contech-CRO101-Scarecrow-Activated-Sprinkler/dp/B000071NUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418055410&sr=8-1&keywords=motion+detector+sprinkler

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a subdivision with an HOA.

Are you the only one who gets this kind of litter? If so, maybe you're the butt (pun intended) of a prank. If not, maybe just accept the fact that HOA controls over what you can do don't mean squat to somebody who wants to drop their butt or rubber wherever they happen to be done with it. I choose not to buy in HOA governed developments because I see more down side than benefit.

Are you the only one who gets this kind of litter? If so, maybe you're the butt (pun intended) of a prank. If not, maybe just accept the fact that HOA controls over what you can do don't mean squat to somebody who wants to drop their butt or rubber wherever they happen to be done with it. I choose not to buy in HOA governed developments because I see more down side than benefit.

Not just me. I figure the butts are being tossed out of windows or when people are walking dogs or whatever. Get candy wrappers sometimes.
Update on the "rubber": When I took the leaf blower to the drive it took flight into the street and upon further examination I think it was just a piece of round plastic packaging. I still wasn't gonna touch it. Odd when it had been raining and my vision not exactly 20/20 anymore it looked like a still rolled up rubber.

I remembered this thread on my run yesterday. A couple of weekends ago I was cleaning out the ditch before the rains came. I found a soda can in the ditch and didn't want it plugging up the drain causing a freaking landslide. Looky Looky, there's a small hole, oh, its a carb hole, and look at that the other side is indented with a circle of small perforations the size of an ear ring post and charred to all hell. Ah, kids will be kids right. Well Mj is legal for over 21 so I figure it's a soda can (not a beer can) so it's some kid who doesn't want to get in trouble right. I crushed it (imagine that! if they had the sense to do that I would have never been the wiser) and threw it in the recycling.

K, no biggie right? Walking the dogs I notice ANOTHER one. Then I go for the run and I notice another, and another. So....... I start pulling them out the ditch all the way down the road and line em up on the road right where I found them burned side up. 8 in total and that's after I cleaned out the ditch. So, my thinking is, whoever is doing this should notice that someone has noticed, maybe some parent will think, hey that was on my shopping list, or some one else can clean it up so that I'm not the ONLY one who put two and two together.

At first it was the litter that bothered me, but now I am starting to wonder what's being burned, there's alot that has changed since I was a kid. Next stop is the trail cam and if it goes to that, well then, we'll just have to see what goes bump in the night. I see some fun video feed camera/ hidden radio fun coming~

Back