Transporting a Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ueberdc4

Reaction score
I have a keg carbed at 12 PSI sitting in my keggerator. I plan on wrapping it in a towel and driving it about 2 hours. Upon arrival, it'll be put on ice over night and served the following day. It's a Belgian Wit so I'm not really worried about it looking hazy. That sound like a reasonable plan of attack? Or should I worry about cooling it better during transport?

I move kegs in & out of the kegerator all the time. They may sit at room temp for a month or two before they go back into the kegerator. I've experienced no ill effects. For your situation, letting the keg rest for a day will help with the foaming when you pour. You shouldn't need to put it on gas until you're ready to serve. Cheers!!!

Cool beans! Here's my travel kit, ha ha. Paintball CO2 cylinder, regulator with adapter, gas and beer lines, sanitizer and Solo cups in a brew bucket...which happens to be a perfectly-sized cooler for a 5 gallon keg.

539748_836364252742_92290984_n.jpg

Hi

A 100 quart cooler is normally the right size for a corny keg, 1/6 bbl, or 1/4 bbl torpedo. A couple bags of ice will last for several hours. Cold beer when you get there ....

Bob

Back